
Dieppe Dream Apartment: JPS Holiday's Le Phare Dieppois Awaits!
Dieppe Dream Apartment: Le Phare Dieppois - More Than Just a Room, It's an Adventure (and Maybe a Little Chaos!)
Alright, folks, buckle up. Because I'm about to slap you with the (mostly) unfiltered truth about JPS Holiday's "Le Phare Dieppois" – or, as I like to call it, the "Dieppe Dream Apartment." I just got back, and let me tell you, it was a trip. And by "trip," I mean a delicious, slightly disorienting, incredibly charming French adventure that left me feeling like I needed a nap and a croissant the size of my head.
Accessibility: The Good, the Could-Be-Better
Let's start with the nitty-gritty: Accessibility. This is where things got a little… interesting. The website claimed to have facilities for disabled guests, but let's just say my partner, who uses a wheelchair, had a few navigational moments. The elevator, while present (thank heavens!), felt like a tiny, sentient metal box at times. Getting around the public areas? Fine, for the most part. Getting to the exact spot in the spa where they give you the body wrap? Maybe not so much. (Important Note: Double-check ALL specifics about accessibility before booking if this is a critical factor for your party. Seriously, call them!) But hey, the staff were always super friendly and helpful, and they really tried to accommodate us. So, points for effort, but perhaps a few more ramps and widened doorways wouldn't hurt.
Cleanliness & Safety: Peace of Mind (Mostly)
Okay, this is where I can breathe a sigh of relief. Cleanliness was definitely a priority. I mean, seriously, the room gleamed. They use anti-viral cleaning products, which is a HUGE bonus these days. Plus, the rooms are sanitized between stays, which is a huge comfort. They even had handy little bottles of hand sanitizer strategically placed EVERYWHERE. And, of course, staff trained in safety protocols. I felt safe wandering around! However, I didn't see a daily disinfection in common areas, but that might have been due to my being an idiot and never seeing it. Also, the hand sanitizer seemed to refill slower than the mini-bar.
Rooms: "Bien" Done! (With a Few Quirks)
My room, and the fact that it was a "suite" - wow!, was a haven. It was ALL about the details. Let’s talk about the "Available in all rooms" perks. My room was filled with more than what I expected (even though my expectations were high). Air conditioning that actually worked! (A lifesaver in the summer heat.) A mini-bar (loaded with the essentials, including, of course, my beloved bottle of water.) Blackout curtains, which were a godsend after a long day of exploring. Complimentary tea and coffee (essential for fueling those early morning adventures). A hair dryer that didn't feel like it was going to explode. And, of course, Free Wi-Fi worked like a dream. The sofa was ultra comfortable. The quirks? The bathtub was a bit small, and the mirror seemed to be judging my post-croissant puffiness. Also, the alarm clock was a little… enthusiastic. But hey, nobody's perfect, right?
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Oh, the Food!
This is where Le Phare Dieppois truly shines! First of all, they have a 24-hour room service. You want a pizza at 3 AM? No problem. You need a post-massage desserts in restaurant? They've got you covered. Breakfast was an event. The buffet in restaurant was AMAZING. They had everything, from fresh croissants (duh!) to a huge array of cheeses and charcuterie. And the coffee/tea in restaurant was strong and perfect. They also had Asian cuisine in restaurant, which was a fun surprise. The restaurants were delightful (and they have a vegetarian restaurant). Let me tell you, a Western breakfast with a side of ocean view is a pretty winning combination. However, I wouldn't say I would count on any poolside bar, and to this day I don't know if they have a poolside bar.
Relaxation Station: Spa, Steam, and Bliss (Maybe)
Okay, so let's get real. I'm a sucker for a good spa. The spa at Le Phare Dieppois has the works: a sauna, a steamroom, a massage, a foot bath. I splurged on the full spa treatment – the Body scrub, Body wrap. The Pool with view was incredible. The gym was okay, but I probably wouldn't bother (there's so much walking to be done outside!) It was all… lovely. The only hiccup? The spa can get a little crowded at peak times.
Things to Do: Beyond the Hotel Walls
The apartment is in the perfect location. Dieppe is a gem of a town, full of history, charm, and incredible food. You can easily walk to the beach, the shops, and the restaurants. The terrace at the apartment is perfect for a glass of wine and watching the sunset. I didn't see much in the way of other outdoor activities, but if you're up for it, you can ask for bicycle parking.
Services & Conveniences: A Touch of Old-School Charm
They've got all the usuals: concierge, laundry service, daily housekeeping. And, of course, Wi-Fi [free] throughout. I also loved the currency exchange, which saved me a trip to the bank. The elevator was a HUGE plus with luggage. The front desk staff were super helpful. However, don't count on too many modern conveniences like digital check-in.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly?
Le Phare Dieppois is definitely Family/child friendly. While I didn't bring any kids, I saw families, and they seemed happy.
The Imperfections (Because Life Isn't a Brochure!)
Alright, I am not in any way going to lie. Here's the real tea:
- The Wi-Fi in the room, while free, would sometimes give me the old "buffering" screen. I am sure though that it would have worked without a hitch if I hadn't been streaming my favourite shows.
- Parking: The hotel offers a car park [free of charge], which is super great. However, during peak seasons, securing a spot can be a bit of a challenge. Plan accordingly or utilize the taxi service.
- Noise: I had a room overlooking the main road, so I was occasionally woken by street noise. If you're a light sleeper, request a room away from the street or bring earplugs.
- Breakfast: This was a dream come true. I went a few times and it was glorious, but it does cost extra.
The Verdict: Should You Book?
YES!
If you're looking for a charming, clean, well-located apartment in Dieppe with a great spa, delicious food, and friendly service, then "Le Phare Dieppois" is a winner. Just remember to clarify accessibility needs beforehand and pack your earplugs (or embrace the city sounds!).
The Deal of a Lifetime: Your Dieppe Dream Awaits!
Right now, JPS Holiday is offering a special package deal for a limited time! Book your stay at Le Phare Dieppois and receive:
- A complimentary bottle of local champagne upon arrival.
- A discount on a spa treatment of your choice.
- Free breakfast for two.
Here's how to book and don't forget to tell them I sent you!
[Insert Booking Link Here - find it on their website!]
You will not regret it. Seriously, go. Drink wine. Eat cheese. Relax. You deserve it. And tell me what you think!
Hunza Valley's Hidden Gem: Unbelievable Views Await at Hunza View Hotel!
Alright, buckle up, buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's sterile travel itinerary. We're diving headfirst into the delightful chaos that is Dieppe, France, from the cozy clutches of "Le Phare Dieppois" – hopefully, it's the chaleureux they claim! Here we go, the messy, imperfect, and hopefully hilarious saga of my Dieppe adventure:
Pre-Trip Disasters & Anticipation (aka, the "OMG I Forgot My Passport" Chapter)
Phase 1: The Panic Buying Spree: So, the week before I leave? Absolute chaos. I swear, I spent more time shopping for "travel essentials" (read: aggressively cute travel pillow, noise-canceling headphones I'll probably forget to use, and a fancy French phrasebook I’ll butcher in an instant) than actually packing.
Phase 2: Passport-gate: The night before departure? My passport mysteriously vanished. Panic set in. Did I leave it at the dry cleaners? Did the dog eat it? After frantic calls to my landlord and a near-breakdown, it was located… buried under a mountain of overdue library books. Phew. Major crisis averted. But the stress level? Officially pegged at "slightly unhinged."
Phase 3: The Champagne Dream: Before sleeping the flight I was thinking of the bubbly French excitement, visions of strolling along the beach with a glass of something delicious (probably not champagne, more realistically a nice rosé, champagne is pricy).
Day 1: Arrival and the Quest for the Perfect Croissant (and Maybe a Nap)
Morning: TOUCHDOWN! Charles de Gaulle airport. Ugh, airports. All the beautiful chaos, and my flight was delayed, so I was tired. I had a rough time, especially during the customs that stressed me out. I'm not good in crowds, and I hate being pushed around. On the train to Dieppe. Pretty. French countryside, charming villages whizzing by. Feeling a tiny bit smug about my "perfectly planned" trip. Until I realize my train ticket needs validating. Cue the flailing. I swear I looked like a confused goose trying to navigate a Parisian bakery.
Afternoon: The Apartment Reveal & Croissant Crusade: Finally arrive at my "chaleureux appartement" at Le Phare Dieppois. Fingers crossed it lives up to the hype. The apartment is lovely, so I was relieved – thank goodness! But, the real mission begins: the quest for the perfect croissant in Dieppe. I'm talking golden, flaky, buttery perfection. I wander the streets, a sleep-deprived zombie, sniffing the air like a truffle pig. I stumble upon a local bakery, "Boulangerie Dubois." The first bite? Sublime. Tears of joy nearly rolled down my face. I could get used to this.
Evening: Seaside Stroll & Seafood Struggle: A sunset stroll along the beach… Gorgeous. The windswept beauty is almost too much. Honestly, I might cry. I try to be the classy tourist, and go to a local restaurant. They serve fresh seafood, and I order the moules frites. It sounds lovely in French. But, I'm not a fancy food person, so it felt a little too salty. I end up just ordering a glass of wine and watching everyone else. The waiter was a sweetheart, though, so it was all good.
Day 2: Castle, Cathedrals, and the Art of Getting Lost (and Loving It)
- Morning: Château de Dieppe & Cliffside Views: I'm determined to be cultured today, so I head to the imposing Château de Dieppe. The views from up there? Spectacular. The scale of it all is awe-inspiring. I start daydreaming about being a queen or countess, then realize I'm wearing yesterday's wrinkled travel t-shirt and my enthusiasm wanes.
- Afternoon: The Cathedral & Wanderlust: Cathedrals. Always a good idea. I spend a solid hour, just absorbing the atmosphere. The architecture is incredible, the silence is almost deafening. Then, I decide to ditch the map and just wander. This is where Dieppe truly shines. Tiny alleyways, hidden shops, the smell of fresh bread wafting from open windows… Pure bliss. I get gloriously, wonderfully lost, and it’s the best feeling ever.
- Evening: The Market, the Food, and One Epic Fail: The Dieppe market. I'm told I should go. It's the largest market in the region, and it is fantastic. Fresh produce, cheeses that smell so potent they could curdle milk, and enough "stuff" to keep me occupied for hours. I try to buy some local cheese, but I get flustered by the vendor's rapid-fire French, end up with something completely different, and stumble out, defeated.
- RANT ALERT: Okay, I know I'm supposed to embrace the imperfections, but THIS cheese incident is a major wound. I should have kept fighting!
Day 3: Doubling down on the Beaches, and the Art of Doing Absolutely Nothing
- Morning: Beach Bliss Redux: Seriously, the beach in Dieppe is amazing. I’m a beach person, and I spend the morning basically doing what I should have done all along: nothing. I got a coffee, went straight to the beach, grabbed a book. I found a little spot of sand, and stretched out. No sightseeing, no frantic pacing, just the sound of the waves.
- Afternoon: The Art of Doing Absolutely Nothing (Continued): Back to the beach, and started people-watching. The French are such a stylish bunch! People are wearing chic hats, and carrying lovely beach bags. I'm wearing mismatched socks and a slightly sun-damaged t-shirt. I am loving every minute of it. I even tried a little nap.
- Evening: The Evening Walk, and the Taste of Freedom: The evening light is unreal. I went for a long walk along the water, enjoying the peace and quiet. It’s about more than just what I saw, it’s the feeling of real freedom, of being completely present. The air, the sea, and the taste of freedom.
Day 4: Departure (and a Promise to Return!)
- Morning: Another croissant (because, duh). One last walk along the beach – the urge to steal a seagull is strong. But mostly, I'm just soaking it all in.
- Afternoon: Packing. Always a struggle. I’ve bought way too much stuff (surprise!). Goodbye, Dieppe, you wonderful, slightly-overwhelming, utterly charming place.
- Evening: Back on the train, and I'm already planning my return. This trip was perfect, messy, and just what I needed. Au revoir, Dieppe! Until next time!

Dieppe Dream Apartment: JPS Holiday's Le Phare Dieppois - Should YOU Bother? (Probably, But Read On... Trust Me)
So, what's the *actual* address of this Dieppe place? I'm terrible with directions.
Okay, okay, deep breaths. The official address from JPS Holidays should be… *checks crumpled notes*… I THINK it's something vaguely near the lighthouse. Yeah, Le Phare Dieppois, the clue's in the name, right? Look, I’m not Google Maps, alright? I’m just a slightly frazzled vacationer trying to remember where they parked their car after a particularly potent Calvados tasting. Your best bet is to contact JPS Holidays directly. They're actually pretty decent, when you can get through (more on that later)... but yeah, lighthouse vicinity is your starting point!
Is the apartment actually nice? Like, Instagram-worthy nice?
"Instagram-worthy"? *scoffs* Look, let's be real. We’re talking about a holiday apartment in Dieppe, not a Kardashian mansion. That said? Actually... yeah. It's… *nice*. The views? Stunning. Seriously. If you get the right apartment (apparently, they're not *all* facing the sea - I’m grumbling about that with my friends even now), you'll be staring out at the English Channel, practically hugging the lighthouse. That alone is worth, like, ten Instagram likes. The decor is… okay. Not "minimalist chic," more "functional coastal." Think clean, bright, and maybe a slightly dated sofa. Don't expect perfection. Expect a lovely place to drink wine while the seagulls squawk (which you *will* hear - embrace the sound! It's part of the charm, I swear!).
How's the view *really*? Because reviews can be… well, embellished.
Okay, honest moment? The view is *insane*. Like, postcard-worthy. I spent an embarrassing amount of time just staring out the window, watching the tide roll in and out. One morning, the sun hit the water just right, and the whole thing looked like a giant, shimmering emerald. My partner was trying to explain the merits of Breton cider while I was utterly lost in the beauty. Honestly, it’s almost *too* good. You'll probably find yourself neglecting actual sightseeing. Guilty as charged!
What about the location? Is it easy to get around?
Dieppe itself is pretty walkable. The apartment? Well, it's close to some great restaurants and the beach. You can easily stroll to the market, which is an absolute MUST (more on that later… oh, the *cheese*!). The train station is a bit of a hike, but doable. Parking? That can be a bit of a nightmare, especially during peak season. We spent about an hour circling the block the first day, muttering unrepeatable things under our breath. So, pack your patience. And maybe a tiny prayer to the parking gods.
Is there a washing machine and what about the internet?
Laundry – yes, thank heavens! Probably a small machine, but it's better than trying to hand-wash everything, especially after accidentally getting your favorite shirt covered in moules marinières juice (speaking from… experience). The internet… well, let’s say it's "functional." It wasn't blazing fast when we were there, but you know, you came to Dieppe to *escape* the internet, didn't you? Right? Right? ... Okay, I checked my emails. It was good enough for that. Don't expect to livestream your holiday to the world.
Okay, fine, but what’s the catch? Every place has one!
Alright, here's the deal. The building’s old. Charming, but old. The lift is… shall we say, *characterful*? It’s tiny. Seriously, *tiny*. If you have a lot of luggage, or you’re claustrophobic, prepare yourself. I may or may not have held my breath the entire time I rode in it with my suitcase. Also… noise. You’re in a building near the sea. Seagulls. They are *loud*. They’ll wake you up. They’ll taunt you. They’ll be your new best frenemies. Embrace them. And maybe bring earplugs. And then there's the whole JPS Holidays thing… Booking can be a bit of a… *process*. Be prepared to chase them up. Worth it, yes. Effortless, no. Just… be persistent.
The BEST thing about the apartment (if you HAD to pick one) ?
Oh, easy. The market. Not necessarily the apartment itself (though it's glorious), but its proximity to the Dieppe market. Picture this: You wake up, bleary-eyed, after a night of chasing the little sheep (yes, I had too much wine, shut up!). Slip out of bed, throw on a coat, and wander down to the market, the sea air nipping at your cheeks. The stalls are bursting with fresh produce, and the smell of freshly baked bread will drag you right up and out of your hangover. Then, you feast on cheese, crusty bread, local sausage, and the BEST oysters you’ve ever had. And the *wine*. Oh, the wine. You buy a few bottles, head back to the apartment, and sit on the balcony, watching the boats bob in the harbor. Pure bliss. **That** is what you're paying for. That experience? Priceless. All the other little quirks? Worth it for that moment alone.
Would you recommend it? Honestly?
Absolutely. Absolutely, a thousand times *yes*. Despite the tiny lift, the slightly-worn sofa, the seagulls' relentless antics, and the potential booking frustrations… I’d go back in a heartbeat. That view. That atmosphere. That *cheese*. Dieppe is a beautiful town, and Le Phare Dieppois? Is a great base for exploring it. Just… go! You deserve the break. And maybe, just maybe, you’ll get addicted to the cheese as quickly as I did. And hey, if you do go, and you see a slightly frazzled woman with a camera glued to the balcony railing – that might just be me, still desperately trying to capture the perfect sunset.


Post a Comment for "Dieppe Dream Apartment: JPS Holiday's Le Phare Dieppois Awaits!"