Escape to Paradise: Ramada Resort, Mazarron, Spain!

Ramada Resort by Wyndham Puerto de Mazarron Mazarron Spain

Ramada Resort by Wyndham Puerto de Mazarron Mazarron Spain

Escape to Paradise: Ramada Resort, Mazarron, Spain!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving deep into the Ramada Resort in Mazarron. Prepare for a wild ride – because I’m about to spill the beans, the sangria, and maybe a little bit of my soul. This isn't some sanitized brochure; this is the honest, unfiltered truth from a weary traveler who's seen some stuff.

Escape to Paradise: Ramada Resort, Mazarron, Spain – The Good, The Bad, and the Damn Delicious Paella

Right, let's get messy. Let's get real. Let's get Ramada-fied. (Yes, I just made that up. Sue me.)

First Impressions (Accessibility & Safety – Because Let's Be Real, Safety First!)

Okay, accessibility. Crucially important, folks. My experience? Mixed. They say "facilities for disabled guests" and there's an elevator (thank GOD, I'm not about climbing six flights after a particularly aggressive tapas session), but honestly, the real-world implementation? It's a bit…hit-or-miss. (Accessibility) The ramps exist, but sometimes you practically need a Sherpa to navigate them. Still, better than nothing, right? More on this later.

Safety-wise? Well, they seem to have taken things seriously. (Cleanliness and safety) COVID-19 era, you know? Hand sanitizer everywhere (bonus!), and I think I saw someone wiping down the elevator buttons – twice. (Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol). They had those little hygiene certificates and claimed to use “professional-grade sanitizing services.” But, as any seasoned traveler knows, you gotta see it to believe it, eh? But hey, the (CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Smoke alarms, Security [24-hour]) were reassuring, I guess.

The (24-hour front desk) was a lifesaver. They were super helpful when my credit card decided to take a vacation of its own.

The Rooms (The Place Where Dreams… Or At Least, Sleep… Happen)

Alright, the real MVP: The Rooms. (Available in all rooms: Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens) Yes, I'm a sucker for a (Bathrobe, Slippers, Free bottled water), and they delivered on that score. The (Blackout curtains) were a godsend after those late-night, tapas-fueled adventures. My room had a (Window that opens), which was bliss.

Okay, let's get specific. The (Air conditioning) was… well, it worked. Sometimes. Occasionally, I'd wake up in a sweat, wondering if I'd accidentally booked myself into a sauna. But on the whole, it saved me. (Interconnecting room(s) available) is a great option if you are traveling with a family.

The (Wi-Fi [free]) was surprisingly reliable. Mostly. There were a few moments of buffering despair, but hey, it’s the price you pay for modern marvels like binge-watching cat videos in your pajamas, right? (Internet Access - LAN) was great for people who work on-the-road like me, and they had those little (Desk, Laptop workspace) too.

Dining, Drinking, and the Quest for the Perfect Paella

Okay, the food. This is where things get exciting. The (Restaurants) were varied. The (Western cuisine in restaurant) was decent (but, let's be honest, who goes to Spain for a burger?). The (International cuisine in restaurant) gave me something to try.

The star, though? The (Asian cuisine in restaurant). Seriously, who knew I'd find killer sushi in Mazarron? The (Asian breakfast) was a welcome change from the usual bacon and eggs (though they did a pretty decent (Western breakfast) too). The (Breakfast [buffet]) was a chaotic, glorious free-for-all. Beware the breakfast rush, people. You'll need to fight for those croissants. And the coffee? Hit or miss, mostly miss. (Coffee/tea in restaurant)

And the Paella… swoon. I had it at the (A la carte in restaurant) – and it’s where I truly succumbed to the charm of this place!

It was cooked to perfection, with a satisfyingly crispy socarrat (the slightly burnt, delicious rice at the bottom of the pan). The seafood was ridiculously fresh. I could have eaten it every day (and, well, I almost did). The (Desserts in restaurant) were okay, but the Paella? Chef’s kiss.

They also had a (Poolside bar) and (Snack bar) for those lazy afternoons. (Bottle of water) was always available, which was key for me.

Things To Do & Ways to Relax (Or, My Failed Attempts at Zen)

Right, let's talk about relaxing. The resort boasts a (Swimming pool [outdoor]), which was lovely for a dip, and a (Pool with view), which was amazing. Let's be honest, I spent most of my time trying not to spill my cocktail.

They have a (Spa) and a (Gym/fitness), and I intended to utilise them. In theory, I was going to get a (Massage), a (Body scrub), maybe even a (Body wrap). But then, you know… Paella. And sangria. And the irresistible pull of the sun. I was more successful with a (Sauna) and (Steamroom), which was really great.

Services and Stuff I Didn't Use (But You Might Care About)

They have a (Business facilities), including (Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Seminars, Xerox/fax in business center) and (On-site event hosting) – I’m not sure they’re for me, since I’m on vacation, I’m not working. The (Concierge) service seemed helpful (at least, they were when I asked them for directions to the nearest tapas bar). They offer (Currency exchange), a (Safe deposit boxes), (Luggage storage, Dry cleaning, Laundry service) and an (Ironing service). They also do things like (Food delivery).

For the Kids (Because Someone Has To Keep Them Entertained)

They have (Family/child friendly), (Babysitting service), and (Kids facilities). They did have a (Kids meal).

Getting Around (Because Eventually, You Have to Leave Heaven)

They have (Airport transfer) and (Taxi service), but I managed to use the (Car park [free of charge]) which was great.

The Quirks (Because Life Ain't Perfect)

  • The elevator, as mentioned, could be a bit of an adventure. One time, it got stuck between floors for a solid 10 minutes. Thankfully, I wasn’t claustrophobic.
  • The music by the pool? A bit… repetitive. Prepare to hear the same reggaeton track approximately 7,000 times.
  • The "Happy Hour" deals weren't that happy, to be honest. Still, you can't win them all.

The Verdict (My Highly Opinionated, Unfiltered Opinion)

Look, the Ramada Resort in Mazarron isn't flawless. There are quirks. There are moments of minor frustration. BUT! The location is amazing (the beach is right there). The food is mostly delicious (especially that Paella). The rooms are comfortable. And the overall vibe? Relaxed, friendly, and perfect for a getaway.

My Rating: 4 out of 5 Paella Pans (and a bonus point for the black-out curtains).

The Ultimate, Irresistible Offer (You Know, the One That Makes You Click "Book Now")

ESCAPE TO PARADISE: RAMADA RESORT, MAZARRÓN – YOUR SPANISH DREAM AWAITS!

Tired of the same old routine? Yearning for sunshine, turquoise waters, and the taste of authentic

Dubai's Hidden Gem: Peony Hotel – Unforgettable DIP Luxury!

Book Now

Ramada Resort by Wyndham Puerto de Mazarron Mazarron Spain

Ramada Resort by Wyndham Puerto de Mazarron Mazarron Spain

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this Ramada Resort by Wyndham Puerto de Mazarron itinerary is gonna be less "sterile corporate brochure" and more "slightly unhinged travel journal kept by someone who really loves tapas." Let's get messy!

Ramada Resort Revelations: A Chaotic Spanish Adventure

Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread (Mostly Kidding…ish)

  • 14:00 - Arrival and Check-in: OMG. The lobby. It’s… functional. Let's be honest, it's got that "slightly worn but trying its best" charm. The reception staff? Bless their hearts. They're battling a language barrier AND my attempts at "Spanglish." Took me a solid 20 minutes to realize I needed to go up to my room, not just wander aimlessly around a very pretty lobby.
  • 15:00 - Room Reconnaissance: Okay, the room. It's a standard resort room. Clean. Functional. Balcony overlooking… the pool (score!). The existential dread kinda kicks in here. You know, that feeling of "Am I really going to spend a week in this room?" Quickly quashed that with a swift beer from the minibar and a deep dive into the Spanish guidebook I kinda skimmed on the plane.
  • 16:00 - Poolside Trauma (Good Trauma): Found the pool! It's bigger than I anticipated. And the sun… glorious. Spent the next couple of hours perfecting my "blissfully vacant" pool-lounger pose. The only slight hiccup? I forgot sunscreen and now I resemble a boiled lobster. Note to self: Sunscreen is a friend, not an enemy.
  • 19:00 - Dinner Debacle: Discovering Tapas Nirvana (and a Little Regret): Dinner. Ah, dinner. I was SO excited about tapas. Found a place down by the marina, Restaurante El Pulpo. Ordered EVERYTHING. Seriously. Every single tapas dish. Like, a mountain of them. The patatas bravas were a revelation. The gambas al ajillo… I may have cried a little. Washed it all down with far too much sangria. Now I'm questioning my life choices, my capacity for food, and whether or not walking back to the resort is even possible. Worth it. Absolutely worth it. Prepare for some serious indigestion for tomorrow.

Day 2: Sun, Sea, and Spanish Sarcasm (Mostly Regarding My Spanish)

  • 09:00 - The Great Sunburn Apology: The lobster look continues. Begrudgingly lathered myself in aloe vera, feeling like a walking advertisement for "Don't be an idiot."
  • 10:00 - Beach Bumming (with a Vengeance): Dragged myself to the beach. It's a beautiful beach. The sand is soft, the water is clear (once I got past the seaweed). Spent a glorious few hours listening to the waves, people-watching, and trying to decipher the rhythmic Spanish insults I'm pretty sure the local kids were lobbing my way (I may have looked very lost trying to order an ice cream).
  • 13:00 - Lunch "Adventure": Found a chiringuito (beach bar) for lunch. Attempted to order in Spanish. The waiter looked at me, sighed deeply, and switched to English. I think my pronunciation is a crime against the Spanish language. Ate a delicious, if slightly sarcastic, plate of paella.
  • 15:00 - Attempted Relaxation Blocked By Seagulls: Another attempt at pool bliss, but the seagulls are relentless. They are the flying bullies of the seaside. I'm pretty sure they've got my number. They're judging my pale skin and my inability to hold onto a snack.
  • 19:00 - Tapas Round 2: Redemption (and More Sangria): Back to the tapas bar! This time, I'm slightly more restrained, and I've memorized how to say "Una cerveza, por favor." Progress, people! The tapas are just as amazing the second time around. The sangria? Equally delightful. I'm starting to think I could happily live on tapas and sunshine forever. Although, my digestive system is probably not so thrilled.

Day 3: Exploring Mazarron and Questioning My Sanity

  • 10:00 - Day Trip to Mazarron Town: Okay, I actually left the resort! Got a bus into Mazarron town. It's charming! The church is pretty, the market smells divine (all those olives!), and I managed to buy a souvenir without completely embarrassing myself (a hand-painted tile… hopefully, it doesn't clash with my kitchen back home).
  • 13:00 - "Lunch" (More like a Tapas-Based Marathon): Found a local place for lunch that was recommended. Oh God, more tapas. I'm starting to feel like a professional tapas taster. The food, the vino tinto… pure bliss and complete self-destruction.
  • 15:00 - Seriously Considering a Siesta (Multiple): Exhausted. The heat, the walking, the eating… it's all catching up with me. Found a shady spot and briefly considered taking a nap right there.
  • 18:00 - Back to the Resort: Pool vs. Room: Back to the resort. Pool or Room? Pool wins. Sunburn round 3 is underway.
  • 20:00 - Dinner (You get the idea): Tapas. Always tapas. Different restaurant. Same result. Amazing food, questionable decisions, and a feeling of utter contentment.

Day 4: Sailing and Seasickness, With a Side of Self-Doubt

  • 10:00 - Sailing Excursion: Hopeful & Woozy: I signed up for a sailing excursion. The sea is beautiful. The boat is surprisingly comfortable. I feel optimistic.
  • 10:30 - Seasickness Begins: Hilarity Ensues: Seasickness hits. Hard. I'm not built for this nautical life, apparently. I turn a shade of green that doesn't match the ocean. Struggle through.
  • 12:00 - The Sail: A blur of Gills: The world becomes green, the ship starts a tilt, and I begin to fear death by vommit. I cling to the side of the ship. The crew is doing their best to ignore me.
  • 13:00 - Back on Land: Feet on Solid Ground & Relief: Glorious solid ground. The ocean looks lovely, from afar. Crawl ashore, vowing never to go near a boat again.
  • 15:00 - The Pool: A Soothing Return: Back to the pool. It's the safest place in the world right now. Submerge myself in the (hopefully) sickness free water.
  • 20:00 - Soothing foods: Order some food and watch some tv, the most relaxing thing in the world,
  • 21:00 - Bed-Time: The best time

Day 5: Relaxation, Repeat, and a Growing Affection for Spanish Culture…and Tapas.

  • 09:00 - Pool time, Breakfast, the perfect day:
  • 12:00 - Beach time, the sand, the sun:
  • 14:00 - Lunch: The sun-kissed skin:
  • 16:00 - Swim, the perfect swim.
  • 19:00 - Repeat day 1 - 4.

Day 6: Preparing for a Tragic Departure

  • 10:00 - Pool time, Breakfast, again:
  • 12:00 - Beach time, the sand, the sun, again:
  • 14:00 - Lunch: The sun-kissed skin & the menu:
  • 16:00 - Swim, the perfect swim, another time:
  • 19:00 - Packing and preparation for the departure.
  • 20:00 - One Last tapas run.

Day 7: Farewell (and Plans to Return, Eventually)

  • 09:00 - Sad departure from the resort.
  • 10:00 - The drive to the airport.
  • 11:00 - Arrive at the airport.
  • 13:00 - The plane takes off.

Final Thoughts:

This trip was a rollercoaster. I'm sunburnt, a little bit tipsy most of the time, and I've eaten enough tapas to feed a small army. I've also fallen a little bit in love with Puerto de Mazarron and the Spanish way of life (Siesta is a genius invention, by the way). The Ramada Resort, with all its quirks, became my home. I'll definitely be back. Maybe next time I'll learn some actual Spanish. And maybe pack more sunscreen. And maybe lay off the tapas… nah.

Uncover the Secrets of La Demeure N°5 Cambrai: A French Gem You Won't Believe!

Book Now

Ramada Resort by Wyndham Puerto de Mazarron Mazarron Spain

Ramada Resort by Wyndham Puerto de Mazarron Mazarron Spain

Escape to Paradise: Ramada Resort, Mazarron - The Totally Unfiltered FAQ!

Is the Ramada Resort actually... paradise? Like, seriously?

Paradise? Ha! Look, depends on your definition, right? Expecting virgin beaches and angels playing harps? Lower your expectations, buttercup. It’s *pretty*. The pools sparkle, the air smells faintly of sunscreen and... something else I can't quite place (maybe the sea's secret perfume?). But paradise? I've seen better sunsets and cleaner sand back home (don't tell anyone!).

My honest take? It's *resort* paradise. Comfortable paradise. Good enough paradise. You get your sangria, you get your sun, you get a break from the kids screaming, and that's already a small miracle.

What's the food situation like? Gimme the real scoop!

Okay, food. Here's where things get... interesting. The buffet? Bless it. It's a buffet. It's plentiful. There's a *lot* of it. And you *will* eat way more than you intended. My advice? Pace yourself! I learned the hard way (massive food coma on Day 2 – not my finest hour).

The quality? Hit and miss. Some days the paella is divine, other days it tastes suspiciously of, well, *buffet*. The fruit is generally good, especially the melon. The kids' options? Let's just say chicken nuggets are a *staple*. Pack your own snacks if you're fussy. And for the love of all that is holy, bring some anti-acid. You'll thank me later.

Are the rooms any good? Please tell me there are no paper-thin walls.

The rooms... okay. They're clean. Mostly. Let's be honest, you're not there to spend ALL your time in your room, are you? The beds are comfy enough, and the air conditioning *works*, which is crucial in the Spanish heat.

The walls... well, they're not *paper* thin, exactly. But you *will* hear the neighbors' lively conversations (and snoring... loud snoring). I recommend earplugs if you want to sleep before 2 AM (I swear, the Brits in the room next door partied like it was 1999). I took a nap mid-afternoon, only to be rudely awakened to a chorus of high-pitched shrieks. It was the kids from the next door, which was, in fairness, far better than those party people!

What about the pools and the beach? Are they crowded?

Pools: Yes, they're crowded. Especially during peak season. You'll need to stake your claim on a lounger before sunrise to get a decent spot. It's a free-for-all, people. I witnessed a full-blown lounger war one morning – a family from Germany versus a family from... somewhere else. It didn't end well.

The beach? It's a short walk, and it's lovely, actually. The sand is soft, the water is clear. But... it's the *Mediterranean*, so of course it's lovely. The vendors, though? They can be a bit persistent. "Sunglasses, senor? Beach towels, senorita? Fake Rolexes, anyone?" Prepare to be politely firm. I feel as though I'm doing a sales job in the middle of war-ridden territory

What is the age of the average guest?

The age of the average guest? Hmmm... let me think. It's a very family oriented resort, so it's skewed toward family. There's also a lot of people in their 60 to 70s, so there's a really wide range of ages. I'd say a good mix, but don't expect crazy parties. Definitely a family atmosphere!

Is there anything to do *besides* swimming and eating?

Oh, yes. Yes, there is. There's the kids' club, which my kids absolutely loved (I got some blessed peace). There's evening entertainment – think cheesy karaoke, tribute bands, and the occasional magician. It's fun, in a "watching-from-the-sidelines-with-a-cocktail-in-hand" kind of way.

You can also take day trips! We went to Cartagena one day – well worth it. Gorgeous architecture, fascinating history. Mazarron town itself is also worth a visit – charming little shops and good restaurants. It's definitely not just about the sun and the sangria, if you're willing to *leave* the resort. Which can sometimes be tough after all that buffet. I mean, I don't want to move!

What's the deal with the staff? Are they friendly?

The staff? Generally, yes, they're friendly. They work *incredibly* hard. They're always buzzing around, trying to keep everyone happy. They deal with a *lot* of demanding guests (myself included, probably!).

Learn a few basic Spanish phrases – it goes a long way. "Por favor" (please), "Gracias" (thank you), and "Una cerveza, por favor" (a beer, please) will get you far. They're patient and helpful, and always smiling. Remember, tip them! They deserve it.

Should I go? Give me the straight answer!

Look, "Escape to Paradise" might be a stretch, but the Ramada Resort in Mazarron is definitely a decent holiday. It’s not perfect. It's not the most luxurious place you'll ever stay. It's a little rough around the edges, but it's charming and beautiful.

If you’re looking for a relaxing, family-friendly getaway with plenty of sun, sand, and sangria, then yes, you should go. Just don't expect flawless perfection. Embrace the chaos, roll with the punches, and pack extra sunscreen and your sense of humor. You might even have a good time. I know I did... eventually.

Comfort Inn

Ramada Resort by Wyndham Puerto de Mazarron Mazarron Spain

Ramada Resort by Wyndham Puerto de Mazarron Mazarron Spain

Ramada Resort by Wyndham Puerto de Mazarron Mazarron Spain

Ramada Resort by Wyndham Puerto de Mazarron Mazarron Spain

Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Ramada Resort, Mazarron, Spain!"