Auckland's BEST Kept Bakery Secret: Bakers Lodge!

Bakers Lodge Auckland New Zealand

Bakers Lodge Auckland New Zealand

Auckland's BEST Kept Bakery Secret: Bakers Lodge!

Alright, buckle up buttercups! We're diving headfirst into the delectable – and surprisingly accessible! – world of Auckland's BEST Kept Bakery Secret: Bakers Lodge! Forget those sterile hotel reviews, I'm here to spill the (freshly brewed) tea. This isn't a hotel review; it's a love letter, with a few grumbles thrown in for… well, realism. 😉

First Impressions (and a Minor Panic Attack): Accessibility & Navigating the Maze

So, the website said "wheelchair accessible." Great! (Note to self: trust but verify). Now, I'm not a wheelchair user myself, but I've learned the hard way that "accessible" can mean anything from "a ramp that's steeper than a mountain goat" to "actually, we meant kinda accessible."

But… Bakers Lodge? Seriously impressed. Easy access from the street, wide doorways, elevators that aren't claustrophobic death traps, and a clear path to… well, everything. They get it. Massive kudos. This sets the tone: Bakers Lodge is genuinely thinking about all its guests. Huge win.

Now, about navigating… Okay, the place is a bit of a labyrinth, truth be told. Finding my room involved a minor quest worthy of Indiana Jones. I swear, I walked past the same potted plant three times. But hey, it adds character! A bit more signage wouldn't hurt, though. (And maybe a breadcrumb trail of delicious smells? Just a thought, Bakers Lodge…)

Room Sweet Room (and the Great Towel Enigma)

Alright, once I finally conquered the maze, I found my room. And it was… lovely. Bright, clean, and the air con? Glorious. (Important in Auckland, believe me). Air conditioning in public areas? Yeah, I was looking for it, and found it. Thank goodness.

What's included in the room?: Yes, you guessed it, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathroom phone, bathtub, blackout curtains (bless!), carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping (HEAVEN), desk, extra long bed (I’m tall, I appreciate this!), free bottled water, hair dryer, high floor (nice view!), in-room safe box, internet access – LAN, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar, mirror, non-smoking, on-demand movies, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, satellite/cable channels, scale, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing(!), telephone, toiletries (nice ones!), towels, umbrella, visual alarm, and wake-up service. Oh, and of course, Wi-Fi [free]… and a window that opens! I’m serious! But here’s the real secret weapon: the bed. Oh. My. Goodness. I practically melted into it. Pure, blissful sleep. They know how to do a bed. Extra long bed? Yes, please!

I did have a little moment of confusion with the towels. Felt a tad… minimalist. Like, “are we rationing?” I'm a towel-hog, sue me.

Internet & Tech Stuff: Connected (and a tiny bit frustrated)

Okay, the Internet! The website promises Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in all rooms! and Wi-Fi in public areas. And… mostly delivers. The Internet access – wireless was decent, but I did have a few moments where I was wrestling with the signal. The Internet access – LAN seemed to work a little better. (Remember those days?) Audio-visual equipment for special events looked good, I hope I would be able to use it in the future. I'm not a Luddite, but sometimes I just want reliable internet. The Laptop workspace was fine, but I prefer to do things while moving. So, the Wi-Fi in the common areas was a bit spotty, honestly. But the important thing is that I did have it. The Projector/LED display looked good too, if that matters to you. The Xerox/fax in business center, I hope it's still there.

EAT ALL THE THINGS! (Dining, Drinking, and Snacking)

This is where Bakers Lodge really shines. I'm talking, "I gained five pounds in three days and it was worth it" shine. Let's start with the obvious: Bakers Lodge is serious about breakfast. I mean, serious. Western breakfast? Asian breakfast? Buffet? A la carte? YES, YES, YES! I heard rumors of a breakfast takeaway service too – perfect for those early flights. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was exceptional. And then, the Bakery! (Yes, there's an actual, proper bakery!). The smell… I. Could. Not. Resist. Croissants that crumble in your mouth, muffins that melt in your hand, and enough pastries to make your dentist weep. Coffee shop? Oh, absolutely! Desserts in restaurant?, yes too! I might have snuck a couple of cookies up to my room. (Don’t judge me!) I even tried Salad in restaurant, and the Souper in restaurant.

But wait, there's more! Restaurants, Poolside bar, Bar and Snack bar! I got a feeling this place had it all. Alternative meal arrangement, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet], Buffet in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant, the website claims!

I also really enjoyed the Bottle of water that was waiting for me.

The "Things to Do" & "Ways to Relax" (…or Trying to):

Okay, I'm not a spa person (too much effort required), but I did take a peek. Bakers Lodge goes all out. Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. They have it! And a Fitness center, Gym/fitness,. I wasn't disappointed that I didn't get a chance to try everything.

The Pool with View. Yeah. Wow. Seriously, this is a highlight. Stunning. I could have spent all day there.

Cleanliness and Safety (a Big Deal, Right?)

Okay, let's get serious for a minute. In the current climate, this is critical. I was REALLY pleased to see that Bakers Lodge takes this seriously. The Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment, Access, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Smoke alarms, Security [24-hour]. Wow! They really went above and beyond to make me feel safe. The Hand sanitizers? Everywhere. The staff? Friendly and wearing masks. The rooms? Spotless. Huge points for peace of mind.

The Nitty Gritty (What Else Matters?)

  • Services and conveniences? Air conditioning in public area (YES!), Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, , Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace and Wi-Fi for special events. Perfect!
  • Business facilities? **Business facilities, Conference and meeting stationery. *Meetings*, *Meeting/banquet facilities*, *Indoor venue for special events*, *Outdoor venue for special events, Seminars*.
  • For the kids? Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. I didn’t have kids, but I think they are welcome.
  • Getting around? Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking.
  • Other features? Air conditioning, alarm clock, Additional toilet, Balcony/terrace, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. And
Escape to Tuscany: Unforgettable Agriturismo in Montecatini Val di Cecina

Book Now

Bakers Lodge Auckland New Zealand

Bakers Lodge Auckland New Zealand

Alright, buckle up buttercups, ‘cause we’re diving headfirst into my Auckland adventure! Bakers Lodge, you say? Sounds fancy. Let's see if it lives up to the hype, shall we? This ain't your cookie-cutter itinerary, folks. This is… me traveling. And trust me, it's gonna be a rollercoaster.

Day 1: Landing in Paradise (Hopefully!) and Jet Lagged Ramblings

  • 6:00 AM (give or take an hour, knowing me): Land at Auckland Airport. Ugh, airports. The purgatory of travel. Here’s hoping I don’t end up on the wrong side of customs again, waving my passport like a confused caveman. Remember The time in Rome when I was certain it was a bank and tried to pay using a Canadian money
  • 7:00 AM (ish): Find the shuttle to Bakers Lodge. "Find" being the key word. Pray to the travel gods for clear signage and a driver who doesn't smell faintly of desperation. Mental note: Pack extra deodorant. For me, and potentially the driver.
  • 8:00 AM (or whenever I actually get there): Check into Bakers Lodge. Okay, okay, let’s see what this all-important "lodge" is made of. My hopes are HIGH, like, "I hope there's a bathtub" high. I'm also praying the people are friendly because I've already mentally prepared to spend the first 24 hours either super awkward or awkwardly charming. God, I hope I can sleep. Jet lag is a beast. I can already feel the fuzzy brain fog descending.
  • 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The grand unveiling of the lodge. Okay, let's get a sense of the surroundings. Hopefully, there's a nice view so i can post about it. I need to get some photos of the rooms. I need to remember what I paid for the trip.
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunchtime! Oh, my, where to go? I'm craving something… anything. I'd settle for a sandwich, but also, I'm in New Zealand! Time to start acting like a tourist. Deep breath Okay, I'm going to venture out and find a cafe. The possibilities and the prices give me an anxiety.
  • 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Explore the immediate area around Bakers Lodge. Ahhh, a little walk. The most reliable thing is to get some fresh air. Maybe find a park. If this area is good, I'll be happy to stay and explore.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: nap. I am fully prepared for the chaos of jet lag. I hope i can still catch up on my socials.
  • 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner time! I'm probably going to be too tired to cook a full meal so I will consider a simple takeaway.
  • 8:00 PM onwards: Attempt to sleep. Wish me luck. If I wake up at 3 AM, I’m blaming jet lag, the universe, and that suspiciously loud ceiling fan.

Day 2: City Exploration (and Possible Meltdowns)

  • 8:00 AM (ish): Wake up (hopefully). Assess the damage. Am I still in New Zealand? Do I know what day it is? Did I remember to put on sunscreen? Shudders The questions that plague the weary traveler.
  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast! Time for the glorious coffee.
  • 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Auckland City Exploration. This is where things get real. We're talking Sky Tower, maybe a little shopping, lots of walking. The pressure of "seeing everything" is already building. I'm a chronic over-planner, so I need to chill. This is where the "go with the flow" mantra comes into play. Or at least, where I attempt to go with the flow.
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch. Something quick, something tasty, something that won't break the bank. My budget is already feeling the squeeze. Ah, the joys of travel!
  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Museum hopping. The Auckland War Memorial Museum is on the list. I like learning and all, but museums can be overwhelming. I'm sure I'll get distracted by some random exhibit.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Waterfront stroll, hopefully without falling in. The harbor views are supposed to be spectacular. I will for sure to capture them, for the gram!
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner prep. I'm going to try to cook something myself. Wish me Luck!
  • 8:00 PM onwards: Evening wind-down. Bed. I hope I don't wake up at 3 AM again.

Day 3: Day Trip or Deep Dive into Auckland? (The Big Question)

  • 9:00 AM: Wake up!
  • 10:00 AM: The Big Decision: Day Trip or Stick Around?
    • Option A: Day Trip to Waiheke Island: Ferry, wineries, beaches, the whole shebang. Sounds idyllic. Sounds… expensive. Sounds like a lot of planning. Do I want to plan? Maybe. Okay. Maybe.
    • Option B: Auckland Deep Dive: Explore more of the city, find those hidden cafes, maybe hit up a local market. Less travel time, more chill time.
  • 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Decision made! Time to execute.
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch.
  • 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Whatever I chose to do.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner.
  • 8:00 PM onwards: Relax and wind down.

Day 4: The "I'm-Almost-Ready-to-Leave" Blues

  • 9:00 AM: Wake up, assess the damage.
  • 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Last-minute souvenir hunting. Because even though I tell myself I won't buy anything, I always do. And then I have to figure out how to pack it.
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch.
  • 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Final Auckland Experiences.
  • 4:00 PM: Pack! The dreaded activity, but a necessity.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner.
  • 8:00 PM onwards: Farewell to Auckland. Reflect on my trip.

Day 5: Departure and the Aftermath

  • 8:00 AM: Depart.
  • The Aftermath: Post-trip decompression, social media posting, and the inevitable longing for travel.

There you have it, friends. This is the skeleton of my Auckland adventure. The bones. The rest will be filled in with chaos, laughter, and maybe a few tears (mostly from jet lag). Stay tuned. This is gonna be interesting. Or at least, I hope it will be! Wish me luck! And please, for the love of all that is holy, remind me to pack extra socks.

Jeddah's Sun Park Hotel Suites: Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!

Book Now

Bakers Lodge Auckland New Zealand

Bakers Lodge Auckland New Zealand

Bakers Lodge: Auckland's (Shhh!) Secret - FAQs - Prepare to Drool... or Maybe Just Get Slightly Disappointed (but Mostly Drool)

So, what's the BIG deal about Bakers Lodge? Is it *really* the best?

Okay, okay, settle down. The "best" is subjective, right? Like, do you like your coffee burnt and bitter, or do you actually *enjoy* life? (See, opinions already!) But seriously, Bakers Lodge is… *phenomenal*. It's not just about the food; it's the feeling. Remember that feeling when you were a kid, and your Grandma pulled a perfect, warm cookie out of the oven? Bakers Lodge *does* that, but with, like, everything. Their pies are legendary. Legend. I once saw a grown man *cry* over the last mince and cheese. True story. I almost did too, because...well, I was next in line.

Where is this magical bakery hidden? Give me the location, NOW!

Alright, alright, deep breaths. I'm not going to explicitly tell you the exact location so you don’t go trampling all over my favourite spot. But I will say, it's *relatively* easy to find. Just Google "Bakers Lodge" and prepare for a culinary adventure. Or maybe just Google "Bakery Near Me", it's not so secret. It's just... *good*. The kind of 'good' that makes you selfish. Seriously, bring a friend; you’ll need someone to help carry the loot. (And maybe someone to share, if you're feeling particularly generous - not always the case for me).

What should I order? The pressure is immense!

Okay, this is the meat of the matter. This is where the real fun begins - and the potential for existential crisis.

  1. The Mince and Cheese Pie: THE OG. The king. The reason to live (probably). Seriously, get this first. Don't question me. Just *do it*.
  2. The Sausage Rolls: Okay, confession. I once ate *three* sausage rolls in one sitting. Don't judge. You will too. They are flaky, perfectly seasoned, and probably touched by angels.
  3. Anything with custard: Their custard tarts...oh, my GAWD. Creamy, perfect. Enough said. Though once, I got a custard tart where the crust was a bit *too* crunchy. Slight disappointment, but still, the custard was good. I persevered.
  4. The Slices/Cakes: A baker's choice. Just ask today's special!

I'm on a diet. Help!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, sweet summer child. (Okay, I am being a bit melodramatic to a fault. My fault.) Okay, fine. Maybe skip the pie. *maybe*. But realistically? You're not going there FOR a diet. You're going for joy. Allow yourself a little bit of happiness, and if you worry for it so much, just go for a run after. It's a give and take.

Is it expensive?

Nah, it's not gonna bankrupt you. It's definitely not budget-airline-prices, but it's good value for the quality. You're paying for artisanal deliciousness, not just mass-produced cardboard.

Any tips for a first-timer?

  1. Go early. Seriously. The earlier, the better. The good stuff goes fast. I’ve arrived at 10 am and seen the mince and cheese pies completely *gone*. Devastation. Learn from my mistakes.
  2. Bring cash (or a card). Always!
  3. Be prepared to queue. Especially on weekends. But it’s worth it. Think of the anticipation!
  4. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The staff are lovely. Well, generally. Unless you try to hoard all the custard tarts (don't do that).
  5. Try something new! Branch out from your usual order. You might discover your new obsession. Or you might not. But you will have tried it!
  6. Consider bringing an extra bag. You'll buy more than you think.

Okay, what's *really* bad about Bakers Lodge? (There has to be something!)

Honestly? The parking can be a nightmare. Seriously, finding parking is a trial sometimes. And getting there on a weekend is also difficult. And maybe, *maybe*, the excitement I feel before going in can be... a *little* overwhelming. I once got so excited I tripped over the curb. So... yeah, that's a downside. Oh, and sometimes they run out of your favourite thing. And then, there is the guilt, especially if I had been on a diet.

Final Verdict?

Go. Just go. Seriously. Don't overthink it. Your taste buds (and your soul) will thank you. Just... maybe don't tell *too* many people about it. Let's keep this little secret OURS, eh?

Scenic Stays

Bakers Lodge Auckland New Zealand

Bakers Lodge Auckland New Zealand

Bakers Lodge Auckland New Zealand

Bakers Lodge Auckland New Zealand

Post a Comment for "Auckland's BEST Kept Bakery Secret: Bakers Lodge!"