Lisbon's Hidden Gem: Sweet Roon - You HAVE to Try This!

Sweet Roon in Lisbon Lisbon Portugal

Sweet Roon in Lisbon Lisbon Portugal

Lisbon's Hidden Gem: Sweet Roon - You HAVE to Try This!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the sugar-sweet tea on Sweet Roon in Lisbon. Forget those sterile, cookie-cutter hotel reviews – this is the real deal, the unfiltered, "I-need-a-nap-after-writing-this" version. And you HAVE to try this place. Seriously.

SEO & Ramblings: A Lisbon Love Affair

First, the boring stuff (but vital, you know?): Lisbon hotels, Sweet Roon review, accessible Lisbon, luxury Lisbon hotels, spa Lisbon, best Lisbon restaurants, Lisbon with kids, free Wi-Fi Lisbon, Lisbon things to do, wheelchair accessible Lisbon, Lisbon hotel deals. You want to be found, right? Okay, now the fun starts.

Arriving at Sweet Roon: First Impressions & A Near Disaster (Almost)

Alright, so Lisbon is a vibe. Cobblestone streets, trams that look ready for a museum, and hills… oh, the hills. Getting to Sweet Roon was an adventure, involving a taxi driver who, bless his heart, seemed to have mastered the art of "approximation" when it came to GPS directions. Eventually, we arrived, slightly disoriented but buzzing with anticipation.

Now, I'm not exactly known for my grace. I tripped – before I even got out of the car. Face-planted right at the entrance (thankfully, no witnesses, or so I thought). The staff, though, were amazing. They scooped me up, dusted me off (figuratively and literally!), and whisked me inside like I was a cherished piece of porcelain. Points for immediate recovery and for not making me, you know, die from embarrassment.

Sweet Roon & Accessibility: A Pleasant Surprise

Honestly, accessibility is a big deal for me (I have mobility challenges). And let me tell you, Lisbon's a mixed bag. Sweet Roon, though? They NAILED IT. Wheelchair accessible throughout the public areas, the elevator was a lifesaver, and the rooms… well, we'll get there. They had facilities for disabled guests, and they actually looked designed with thought, not just slapped on as an afterthought. Major kudos. And the CCTV in common areas & outside property gave that extra feeling of security.

Rooms: My Sanctuary (And My Coffee Addiction)

Our room was… whoa. Seriously. The non-smoking room was spotless – and I'm a clean freak. I swear, you could eat off the carpeting. (Don't judge! Okay, maybe don’t.) Air conditioning was a godsend in the Lisbon heat, and the blackout curtains… heavenly. They’re perfect for a midday nap after a long day of exploring.

Now, the details. Let's talk about the bathroom. Big, beautiful, and most importantly, functional. The separate shower/bathtub configuration was perfect, and the hand-sanitizer was strategically placed (thank you, Sweet Roon!). It’s the simple things, am I right? The complimentary tea & coffee maker (necessary), free bottled water and the mini bar (tempting). Each and every amenity was made me feel pampered! The Internet access – wireless & [LAN], and Wi-Fi [free] were a relief. I wasn't out of touch for a moment.

The extra long bed was a lifesaver for those of us who need a little stretch (me). The complimentary tea in the room, while not an Asian Breakfast, made this tea-lover so happy!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Wanderer

Food. Let's talk about food. The breakfast [buffet]… glorious. I’m a sucker for a good buffet, and this one didn’t disappoint. Fresh pastries (I may have consumed a few), fruit, eggs, and the coffee… strong enough to wake the dead. (Okay, maybe not, but it did cure my morning grumpiness). There was Asian breakfast available too.

Beyond breakfast, Sweet Roon has options. The restaurants offer a range of cuisines, from International cuisine in restaurant to more specific options as needed. There's a poolside bar that I practically lived at, sipping on cocktails while feeling the Lisbon sun. I did not get to the Asian cuisine in restaurant. Next time. The snack-bar was perfect for a quick bite, and the bottle of water was readily available (important!). The coffee shop, yes! A necessary feature for all the travel lovers. The alternative meal arrangement was also a relief.

Spa & Relaxation: My Inner Zen Found (Finally)

Okay, this is where Sweet Roon REALLY shines. Their Spa/sauna is legendary. The massage? Divine. I swear, my muscles haven't felt this relaxed since I was a baby. They have a steamroom that I spent hours in. The pool with view is pure Instagram gold – you can sip cocktails while soaking in the views. And there is a fitness center! I didn't use it, but it's there, for those of you with more willpower than me. I'm a huge fan.

I did notice that they had a body scrub & body wrap on the menu… I didn't have the opportunity to try them, but you can bet your bottom dollar I will next time! They also have a foot bath and a sauna.

Things to Do & Places to See: Lisbon at Your Fingertips

Sweet Roon is ideally located. This makes exploring Lisbon a breeze! The concierge was super helpful, giving us insider tips on the best places to go and organizing transportation. They will also provide audio visual equipment for special events if you need to set up a meeting, and are ready to host meetings/banquets. If you are looking to host an indoor venue for special events, they can also help!. Even with the car park [free of charge], and car park [on-site], this is one place you want to stay!

Safety & Cleanliness: Peace of Mind

In these times, safety matters. Sweet Roon takes it seriously. They have anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and a room sanitization opt-out available – which, honestly, is a thoughtful touch. The staff trained in safety protocol, and there’s hand sanitizer everywhere. The safe dining setup and sterilizing equipment showed they care about their guests. The first aid kit and doctor/nurse on call were also reassuring (though, thankfully, I didn't have to use them!).

Little Quirks & Honest Moments

  • The elevator: a bit slow, but who cares when you're on vacation?
  • The breakfast buffet: maybe I ate too many pastries. Okay, definitely.
  • The staff: truly wonderful, even when I was being a clumsy mess.
  • The view: breathtaking. Seriously.
  • My overall experience: Magical.

The Imperfections: None

Alright, so I'm a little biased here. Sweet Roon was so great that I'm having a hard time finding flaws. Okay, IF I have to nitpick, the pool could get a little crowded at peak times if you aren't an early riser, and the walk to the nearest tram stop might be a bit uphill (Lisbon, remember?). But honestly? These are tiny, tiny things.

For the Kids & Other Perks

Sweet Roon is family/child friendly. They do offer babysitting service, the kids meal is available, and they have kids facilities. Also there is both a terrace and a shrine!

The Verdict: GO!

Sweet Roon isn’t just a good hotel, it’s an experience. It's the perfect blend of luxury, comfort, and genuine hospitality. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or a solo adventure, Sweet Roon delivers in spades. From its accessible features to its incredible spa, this place is a winner.

Ready to Book? Here's the Steal!

Don't just dream of Lisbon. Live it!

For a limited time, Sweet Roon is offering a special deal:

  • Book a stay of 3 nights or more and receive a complimentary welcome bottle of Portuguese wine and a 20% discount on spa treatments!
  • Plus, take advantage of our fully flexible cancellation policy - Peace of mind guaranteed!

Click the link below and book your Lisbon getaway at Sweet Roon today! You HAVE to try this! [Insert Booking Link Here] – Don't wait, this offer won't last! You'll miss out on the real deals!"

Breathtaking Lake & Mountain Views: Your Krasnaya Polyana Dream Studio Awaits!

Book Now

Sweet Roon in Lisbon Lisbon Portugal

Sweet Roon in Lisbon Lisbon Portugal

Alright, buckle up buttercups, 'cause this isn't your grandma's perfectly-polished travel itinerary. This is Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal, through the filter of my delightfully dysfunctional brain. Expect hiccups, heartbreaks, and a whole lotta pastel de natas. And Sweet Roon? Oh honey, we're going to live in Sweet Roon.

Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lagged Fiasco, and the Quest for the Holy Pasteis

  • 07:00: AM - Wake up in Lisbon, but are you actually awake? The flight was a red-eye, so my internal clock is currently doing the cha-cha with jet lag. Seriously, I swear I could feel my cells crying at the sudden time change. I’ve got the hotel in the Baixa-Chiado neighborhood (yes, booked through a very helpful agency, bless them), but I'm pretty sure my suitcase is conspiring against me.
  • 08:00 AM - Airport Shuffle and Hotel Hustle: Navigating the airport was surprisingly easy (Thank God for Google Maps and the sheer quantity of cafes), but finding a taxi that understood my mangled Portuguese (a grand total of "Olá" and "Obrigado") was a minor victory. Hotel check-in: smooth as butter. Now, unpacking. Ugh. Why do I pack so much?
  • 09:00 AM - Sweet Roon Sighting! Okay, this is where things get interesting. I'm not just staying near Sweet Roon. It's a place, an experience, a promise of sugary perfection. The pictures online… oh, the pictures… They're enough to make you weep with joy. My mission: locate it, devour something, and pronounce judgment.
  • 10:00 AM - Pasteis de Bélem Pilgrimage: Forget sleep. Forget sanity. Pasteis de natas. This is it. The famous bakery, a line that stretches around the block (and I was already prepared). The smell. It's like a vanilla custard cloud whispering sweet nothings. The first bite… Pure, unadulterated heaven. It’s the kind of pastry that makes you weep with joy. Okay, I'm not weeping, but my eyes are watering. They're that good.
  • 12:00 PM Lunch - Random Cat Invasion and a Broken Portuguese Phrase: Found a cute little cafe nearby for lunch. Ordered something that probably wasn't what I thought I was ordering (my Portuguese vocab is still limited to "thank you" and "beer"), but it was still quite good. A feral, very bold cat decided my lap was a perfect nap spot. Meowed the whole time.
  • 14:00 PM - Post-Custard Coma & Alfama Wander: Back to the hotel for a quick power nap. Okay, maybe more than a quick nap… I woke up in a puddle of drool. But! Refreshed and ready to tackle Alfama, the oldest district in Lisbon. Cobblestone streets, laundry strung across balconies, the whole shebang. Got lost. A lot. Nearly walked into a tiny, crumbling chapel. Best. Accident. Ever.
  • 17:00 PM - Sweet Roon Recon: Back at Sweet Roon. Had to find it, you know. No dessert this time, just drinks. The ambience is perfect - modern, bright, clean, yet still warm. Just soaking in the vibe for now but the food…oh the food… Next time!
  • 19:00 PM Dinner - Fado and Feels: Found a tiny fado restaurant, the music washed over me, raw and emotional. It's not just music; it's a soul-baring experience. The food? Well, it was there. The fado, however, was what really mattered.
  • 22:00 PM - Sleep? Will I sleep? Or will jet lag conspire to keep me awake, reliving every glorious pastel de nata moment? Only time (and copious amounts of coffee) will tell.

Day 2: Lisbon's Hills, Sweet Roon, and a Touch of Tragedy (Maybe)

  • 09:00 AM - Morning Glory to the Hills: Up, up, and away! Okay, not in an airplane. But I'm heading for the Castelo de São Jorge. The climb. Dear God, the climb. Views? Spectacular. But the sweating! I felt like I was personally watering the entire city of Lisbon.
  • 11:00 AM - Sweet Roon Again! (Yes, you can judge me.) Breakfast here! I decided on the croque madame. I mean, who can resist a perfectly toasted sandwich with oozing cheese and a runny egg? Answer: no one.
  • 12:00 PM Tram 28 - A Rollercoaster of History: Packed inside a rickety tram with tourists and locals alike. The hills are brutal. The tram is charming. The photo opportunities are endless. The sheer, unadulterated crowd. I'm pretty sure I inhaled someone's backpack at one point.
  • 13:00 PM - A Break This part of the trip I would want to use it just to take a break and relax.
  • 15:00 PM - Jerónimos Monastery & Belém Tower - Monument Overload: The sheer scale of these places is mindblowing. The architecture is stunning but also a bit… overwhelming. I got lost in the cloisters. I’m starting to think I have a problem getting directions.
  • 17:00 PM - Emotional Collapse (maybe): Found a tiny, tucked-away cafe with a view. Ordered coffee. Sat. Looked at the ocean. Started writing in my journal. Feeling a bit…fragile. Maybe it's the history, the beauty, the sheer weight of this city.
  • 19:00 PM Dinner - Seafood Sensations (and potential food poisoning?): Went to a highly recommended seafood restaurant. The grilled octopus was amazing. The rest of the meal… let's just say my stomach is currently staging a protest. Pray for me.
  • 21:00 PM - The Dreaded Bedtime and Potential Catastrophe: If the seafood is the culprit, this could be a long night. I'm not sure if my travel insurance includes "emergency Portuguese toilet trips." Send prayers (and maybe some Pepto-Bismol).

Day 3: Sweet Roon, Freedom, and Departure (Maybe a Few Tumbles)

  • 09:00 AM - Sweet Roon! (Again!) Last breakfast, the famous Sweet Roon. They make it different, they do it well.
  • 11:00 AM - A day of Freedom Freedom is here, time to explore the culture of the city.
  • 14:00 PM - Time to do something active Now is the time to take a walk around the city.
  • 18:00 PM - Last Dinner Time to find a resturant and enjoy a good dinner, last one on that trip.
  • 21:00 PM - Last chance to get back to the hotel.
  • 22:00 PM - Sleep and prepare for departure!

Overall:

This is not a perfect trip. There will be hiccups (literally, thanks to the seafood). There will be moments of pure joy (eating pastel de nata, the Sweet Roon). There will be moments of existential angst (staring at the ocean). But that's the point, isn't it? To live, to feel, to get lost, and to find yourself in the glorious chaos of a city like Lisbon. And yes, I will probably go back to Sweet Roon. Many, many times.

CitizenM Bowery: NYC's Hottest Hotel? You Decide!

Book Now

Sweet Roon in Lisbon Lisbon Portugal

Sweet Roon in Lisbon Lisbon Portugal

Sweet Roon: Lisbon's Secret Weapon (Don't Tell Everyone!) - FAQs & My Ramblings

What *IS* Sweet Roon anyway? Sounds kinda…vague.

Okay, okay, I get it. "Sweet Roon" doesn't exactly scream "Come and gorge yourself on deliciousness!" It’s a little… mysterious. But trust me. Think of it as Lisbon’s secret ingredient. It's a little cafe, a little bakery, a whole lotta LOVE. And mostly, it's where the *best* pastries you'll ever shove in your face live. Think perfect, flaky *pastel de nata* (obviously!) but also, seriously creative stuff. I'm talking peanut butter and banana croissants that will leave you sobbing with joy. Seriously. Sobbing. I did. Don't judge. And the coffee? Oh, the COFFEE. Forget Starbucks, this is *real* Portuguese coffee. Strong enough to jumpstart a sloth, smooth enough to make you feel like a sophisticated, pastry-eating genius.

Is it hard to find? Because "hidden gem" usually means "lost for an hour in a maze of cobblestone streets."

Okay, so... yes and no. It's *not* on a main street, which is part of its charm, I think. But it's not like, guarded by a griffin or anything. It’s nestled away, which is perfect. You'll probably have to consult Google Maps (I did, multiple times, initially – don't be ashamed!). My first time? I walked past it, like, *twice*. Because I was distracted by, like, a particularly handsome cat sitting on a windowsill. Anyway, keep an eye out! The slight challenge is part of the fun, the anticipation. It's like a treasure hunt, only the treasure is pure, sugary bliss.

What are the MUST-TRY items? Give it to me straight!

Alright, listen up, because this is critical. First, *obviously*, the *pastel de nata*. They're warm, they're crispy, they're *everything*. Get two, you'll thank me later. Then, (and this is where things get REALLY good) RUN, don’t walk, to the *peanut butter and banana croissant*. Seriously. It's a religious experience. I'm not exaggerating. I'm still dreaming about it... weeks later. I actually went back the next day JUST for another one. I mean, I *had* to. It was a moral imperative! Beyond that, just be adventurous! They always have some seasonal specials, and honestly, I haven't had anything there I *didn’t* love. The cheese scones are also dangerously good. Okay, fine, I think you know I'm obsessed.

Is it touristy? I hate waiting in lines with a hundred screaming selfie-stick wielding tourists.

Here's the glorious truth: It's *not* (yet!). Seriously. The last thing Sweet Roon needs is to be overrun by hordes. I saw a few other people, obviously tourists too, not the selfie-stick types. It's a cozy, local vibe. You might have to wait a *tiny* bit if it’s peak time, but it's usually pretty chill. Which is part of the appeal, right? No massive queues, no blaring pop music, just the simple, delicious pleasure of a perfect pastry in a calm environment. And a good thing it isn't touristy, because I'm selfish and want to keep it that way for myself.

I'm on a budget. Will Sweet Roon bankrupt me?

Okay, let's talk money. Lisbon in general is pretty budget-friendly, and Sweet Roon is reasonably priced. The pastries are definitely worth the price, a LOT of the time when it's not a tourist trap. It's not *cheap*, but it's not going to empty your wallet. Think of it as an investment in your happiness. And trust me, a good pastry can buy you a lot of happiness. The coffee is affordable too. Honestly, compared to the joy you'll experience, it's a steal. Budget for a little over what you think, because, you know, those peanut butter croissants…

Anything else I should know? Any tips?

* Go early! Especially on weekends, because those peanut butter croissants (yes, *again*) disappear fast. I learned this the hard way. Sobbing. * Grab a seat outside if the weather's nice. It's charming to watch the world go by while you devour your pastries. * They do takeaway! Which is perfect for a picnic (or, you know, a solo pastry binge in your hotel room... no judgement). * Don't be afraid to ask for recommendations. The staff is super friendly, which is always a plus. * Seriously, just go. Just… go. Don’t delay. Life is too short for mediocre pastries. AND if you are in the area and want to bring me back one of those croissants? No problem! I have to go, my stomach is growling just talking about it. Go, and enjoy! And… shhhhh, don’t tell too many people, okay?

Okay, you obsessed with the peanut butter croissant. Any other experiences at Sweet Roon that were memorable?

Alright look, I get it. I'm a little obsessed. But honestly, beyond the croissants... There was this one time. I was utterly exhausted, jet-lagged to the point of hallucination, having wandered around Lisbon all day like a zombie. I was ready to throw in the towel and go back to the hotel. But I saw the sign. "Sweet Roon." And I thought, "Why not? What else is there to lose?" I stumbled in. The place was warm, the aroma of baking bread (and, of course, peanut butter) was like a siren's call. I barely remembered my order, just pointing at things and nodding. The woman behind the counter (she was lovely, I think she noticed the state I was in), she just smiled and said "You look like you need this." And she brought me a *pastel de nata* and a double espresso. I remember taking the first bite of the pastry. Suddenly I was there. And with my first sip, I was awake. The espresso was strong and bitter, and the pastry was crispy and warm. It was like literal sunshine in my mouth. It wasn’t just about the food, though, was it? It was that moment. That one tiny, beautiful moment of kindness and deliciousness. I will forever remember sitting there in that little cafe, watching the people go by, eating my pastry, and knowing that this was, in fact, living. It changed my whole trip. I started appreciating everything about Lisbon. It showed me the magic of small experiences, how such small moments can be so important. And I still, to this day, start salivating just thinking about it. And that is the most memorable experience. It's about the place, the people, and the sheer, unadulterated joy of a really, really good pastry. Now if you'll excuse me…
Serene Getaways

Sweet Roon in Lisbon Lisbon Portugal

Sweet Roon in Lisbon Lisbon Portugal

Sweet Roon in Lisbon Lisbon Portugal

Sweet Roon in Lisbon Lisbon Portugal

Post a Comment for "Lisbon's Hidden Gem: Sweet Roon - You HAVE to Try This!"