
Escape to Paradise: Uncover the Hidden Gem of Chiang Rai's Estretto Resort
Escape to Paradise: Estretto Resort – Chiang Rai's Hidden Gem? Buckle Up, Buttercup! (A Review That's Actually Real)
Okay, folks, let’s be honest. When I booked a trip to Chiang Rai, I wasn't expecting to find paradise. I was expecting… well, a decent hotel, maybe some pad see ew, and hopefully, no aggressive tuk-tuk drivers. But then I stumbled across Estretto Resort. And honestly? It slapped me in the face with a giant, fragrant frangipani branch. It’s… something. Let me break it down, rambling and all, because that's how I roll. This isn’t your typical sterile hotel brochure review. This is real talk. And trust me, you need this.
(Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Estretto Resort in any way. I just really, really like a good spa day… and maybe a strong cocktail.)
First Impressions: Getting There (And, You Know, Accessibility) - A Mixed Bag
Accessibility is a tricky one. I'm not in a wheelchair, but I did notice… let’s just say things could be better. Elevator? Yep, got one. Facilities for disabled guests? They’re listed, but I’d really recommend contacting the resort beforehand to discuss specific needs. The grounds are beautiful but can be uneven. Car park [free of charge]? Check. Airport transfer? Absolutely, and thank god for that after a long flight. They were waiting with a refreshing towel and a genuine smile – a HUGE plus after dealing with airport chaos.
(Quirky Observation): The journey to paradise is a little bumpy. But hey, isn't that life?
Inside the Bubble: Pure Bliss (Mostly)
This resort is gorgeous. Seriously. The pool with a view? Jaw-dropping. The outdoor swimming pool? Perfect for a lazy afternoon. And the spa… oh, the spa. Forget everything else.
(Anecdote Time): I'm normally a "spa-skeptic." I roll my eyes at the whole "calm your chakras" thing. But the masseuse at Estretto? She worked magic. I opted for the body scrub and then the massage. By the end, I was practically drooling. I'm pretty sure I snored. No shame. It was that good. The sauna, the steamroom, the foot bath beforehand… pure, unadulterated bliss. Do it. Just do it.
Rooms and the Perks: Comfort and Convenience
The rooms themselves are… stylish. Clean. And equipped with everything you could possibly need. Air conditioning? Check. Blackout curtains? Praise the lord! You need those. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Double check! It’s actually fast, which is a miracle. They provide complimentary tea, and the bed itself was like sinking into a cloud. Mini bar? You know it. Safety deposit boxes, safe, towels? Check, check, check. And I loved the small touches, like the slippers and bathrobes. Felt utterly pampered! They also had a nice desk to work on. Ironing facilities and laundry service were available if you need them.
(Quirky Observation): The only thing that ruined the serenity was my inability to fold the towels like they did. Seriously, how do they do it?
Internet & Tech: Stay Connected (or Don't!)
Internet access worked very well. Wi-Fi in public areas was also reliable. I mean, hello, Wi-Fi for special events? Seems like it would get more use if hotels could provide reliable Wi-Fi and it would save a lot of troubles. Internet [LAN]? Sure, if you're into it. I’m more of a Wi-Fi gal. Did I mention how good the free Wi-Fi was? Because, you know, important. There was also audio-visual equipment for special events, which I didn’t use, but good to know.
Eating, Drinking, and Snacking: A Feast for the Senses (and the Stomach)
The food! Oh, the food. I'm a foodie, and the restaurants at Estretto didn't disappoint. There's a restaurant and a coffee shop, and the poolside bar is a must-visit. The buffet in the restaurant during breakfast was surprisingly good. I was addicted to the Asian breakfast. The Asian cuisine in the restaurant was phenomenal. They had vegetarian options, and they were delicious. The bar and happy hour were fun times. And the desserts in restaurant were divine.
(Emotional Reaction): Seriously, the Pad Thai? I'm still dreaming about it. I wish I could eat it again right now. The A la carte in restaurant menu was incredible. The breakfast takeaway service was something I didn’t need, but it’s good to know. Breakfast [buffet] was just what was needed. The bottle of water was nice touch. There was even a soup in restaurant!
Cleanliness, Safety, and the Pandemic: Feeling Safe (Mostly)
In a post-pandemic world, safety is paramount. And Estretto seems to take it seriously. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Staff trained in safety protocol. Daily disinfection in common areas. They’re using anti-viral cleaning products, and there were individually-wrapped food options. They offered a room sanitization opt-out available, which made me feel more relaxed. Rooms sanitized between stays. Safe dining setup. The physical distancing of at least 1 meter was present. The whole place felt clean and well-maintained. There was also first aid kit and a doctor/nurse on call for safety.
(Rambling Thought): I'm still a little paranoid, but Estretto did a good job of making me feel safe. It's reassuring to not only see it, but also to know it's taken seriously.
Things To Do & Ways to Relax: Beyond the Spa (If You Can Tear Yourself Away)
Beyond the spa and pool (which, honestly, is all you really need), there are a few other things to keep you busy. They have a fitness center. The sauna is fantastic. They have massage. A steamroom. I'd recommend checking out the local temples (there's even a shrine on-site!) and the White Temple is a MUST-SEE!!!
Services and Conveniences: Making Life Easier
Concierge? Yep. Daily housekeeping? Always appreciated. Laundry service? Check. Luggage storage? Of course. They also offer car park [free of charge] and car park [on-site]. Cash withdrawal. Currency exchange. Dry cleaning. They even have a convenience store if you need it. They thought of everything!
For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fun
Although I wasn't travelling with kids, I noticed kids facilities and the resort is marked as family/child friendly. There’s a babysitting service available.
Getting Around:
The airport transfer was essential. Taxi service is available, and they had bicycle parking.
Areas for Improvement (Because, You Know, Perfection Doesn't Exist):
- Accessibility: More focus on truly accessible rooms and facilities would make this perfect.
- More Local Flavour: While the food was amazing, the resort could lean more into local culture and experiences.
The Big Question: Should You Book?
YES! Absolutely. Estretto Resort isn't just a place to stay; it's an experience. It’s a chance to disconnect, rejuvenate, and escape the everyday. The spa alone is worth the price of admission. The food is incredible, the staff is attentive, and the overall atmosphere is one of pure relaxation.
My Final Verdict: Estretto Resort is a hidden gem. Imperfect? Sure. But the imperfections only add to the charm. Go. Treat yourself. And tell the masseuse I said hello.
ESCAPE TO PARADISE: Estretto Resort – Chiang Rai. Your Exclusive Offer!
Are you ready to experience the tranquility, luxury, and adventure of Estretto Resort?
For a limited time only, we're offering an exclusive package designed to make your escape to paradise even more unforgettable!
Book your stay at Estretto Resort within the next 7 days and receive:
- Complimentary upgrade to a room with a stunning pool view (subject to availability). Imagine waking up to the breathtaking beauty of Chiang Rai.
- A rejuvenating 60-minute spa treatment of your choice (massage, body scrub, or wrap). Melt away stress and revitalize your senses in our award-winning spa.
- 10% discount on all dining experiences at our restaurants, from delicious Asian cuisine to international delights. Indulge your taste buds with the flavors of paradise.
- Free airport transfer to ensure a seamless and stress-free arrival. Start your vacation the moment you land.
- **Early check-in and

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is THE Estretto Resort in Chiang Rai, Thailand, through the haze of my slightly-too-strong pre-trip anxiety and the promise of a truly messy, fabulous time. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable decisions, and the constant threat of overpacking (spoiler alert: I failed).
The Estretto Escapade: Officially Unhinged
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Suitcase Struggle (AKA I Have Issues)
- Morning (Oh God, the Morning): Landed in Chiang Rai. The air hit me like a warm, scented hug, which immediately soothed the travel-induced grumpiness that had been brewing since, like, 3 AM. Found the Estretto driver (bless their efficient souls) and we’re off! The drive itself? Gorgeous. Lush greenery, tiny villages buzzing with life… I actually shed a tear. Is this what peace feels like? (Quickly shoved the thought down. Gotta stay on edge for the drama).
- Afternoon (The Suitcase Monster Awakens): Arrived at the Estretto. Whoa. Seriously, the architecture! Tropical modernism meets… something else equally beautiful. My jaw dropped. Then, the suitcase. Oh, the suitcase. I swear, I packed for two weeks, not the five days I’m here for. The bellboy, likely used to this level of insanity, just smiled politely. I'm pretty sure he's betting on me tripping over the piles of clothes and looking like a total, glamorous disaster. (Yep, my suitcase is an emotional support item. Don't judge until you've lived it.)
- Late Afternoon (The Pool & The Existential Crisis): Unpacked (HAH!). Decided to tackle the infinity pool. Swam. Felt like a queen. Then, the first wave of post-travel fatigue hit. I stared at the mountains in the distance and contemplated… everything. My life choices, my lack of a tan, the sheer audacity of packing six pairs of shoes. A small lizard scampered across my leg. I shrieked. The existential crisis momentarily forgotten.
- Evening (Dinner & The Mosquito Massacre): Dinner at the resort restaurant was a dream. The food! The flavors! The cocktails! I ordered way too many. The sunset was insane. Briefly considered abandoning my entire life to become a professional sunset-watcher. Then, the mosquitoes arrived. Oh, the mosquitoes. I'm typing this with an increasingly itchy arm, and regretting my "all-natural" mosquito repellent. Pray for me.
Day 2: Temples, Tuk-Tuks, & the Inevitable Shopping Spree
- Morning (Temples & Tremors): Holy moly, the temples! White Temple (Wat Rong Khun) – mind blown. Black House (Baan Dam Museum) – my soul left my body and took a walk. Blue Temple (Wat Rong Suea Ten) – simply gorgeous. Seriously, the art! I feel so cultured (and slightly intimidated by the sheer talent on display). Also, was I the only one who felt a slight earth tremor in the White Temple? Or was that just pure awe?
- Afternoon (Tuk-Tuk Traumas & Mango Sticky Rice Nirvana): Tuk-tuk adventures! Negotiating the fares was hilarious (and I probably got ripped off), but who cares? The wind in my hair, the chaos of the traffic… total sensory overload. Found the most amazing mango sticky rice from a street vendor. Nirvana. I think I may have inhaled it. Regret nothing.
- Late Afternoon (Shopping Spree & Buyer's Remorse): Oh dear. I lost control. The night market was a siren's call. So many colorful fabrics, gorgeous crafts, and absolutely useless trinkets that I had to have. My bank account is weeping. I now own a silk scarf that's probably going to make me sneeze every time I look at it and a ceramic elephant with a questionable smile. Will I ever wear or use any of this stuff? Who knows! The joy of the moment was worth it. Right? Right?! Please say yes.
- Evening (Spa Day, Mostly): Planned for a full afternoon spa day, really only made it to the day of the spa day. Had a massage that felt like my muscles were melting and then I promptly napped. I've decided that all vacations should be spa days.
Day 3: The Elephant Sanctuary and The Raw Emotion
- Morning (The Elephant Encounter – A Memory I’ll Never Forget): Booked an ethical elephant experience. This isn't just a tourist activity, it's a responsibility. And honestly, it wrecked me in the best way. Watching those gentle giants roam freely, feeding them, learning about their stories – it was deeply moving. I cried. A lot. (I cry easily, okay? Especially around cute things!) The vulnerability of these creatures and the love they have for each other… it was overwhelming. Feeling the rough skin of an elephant, seeing their playful nature, knowing their history… it changed me. It reinforced, like, the best parts of humanity. I’m still processing it all. This is a core memory. (And yes, I bought approximately 20 elephant paintings. I'm never going home).
- Afternoon (Post-Elephant Reflection & Another Nap): Spent the afternoon processing the morning's events. Sat on my balcony, staring at the lush foliage, thinking about life, love, and the importance of rescuing animals. Took a nap. Woke up feeling refreshed and slightly more optimistic about humanity.
- Evening (Cooking Class Chaos & Spicy Regret): Thai cooking class! Sounds idyllic, right? It was, until I got the wrong ingredients and nearly set the kitchen on fire while attempting to make a Red Curry. Laughing so hard. The curry was delicious, but I'm still sweating. I vastly underestimated the chili levels. My mouth feels like it's on fire and I'm pretty sure I hallucinated a dancing dragon. Worth it.
Day 4: Waterfall Wanderings & Mountain Mayhem
- Morning (Waterfall Adventures & Near-Death Experience): Visited a waterfall. Sounded serene. Was mostly a slippery scramble over moss-covered rocks while dodging rogue monkeys. The waterfall was stunning, but I'm convinced I aged ten years during that hike. My knees are screaming. I'm pretty sure I nearly had a full-blown panic attack when I realized I'd lost my phone. (Guess who found it? The monkeys!).
- Afternoon (Mountain Drive Madness & Breathtaking Views): Hired a driver to take me up the mountains. The roads were… interesting. The views, however, were breathtaking. Lush, rolling green hills, tea plantations as far as the eye could see. I felt like I was in a movie. Briefly considered moving to a mountaintop shack and becoming a hermit.
- Late Afternoon (Resort Relaxation & Sunset Regrets): Back at the resort. Determined to spend the rest of the day relaxing. Sunbathing, swimming, reading a book (which I can't remember the name of, because I was too busy staring at the beautiful surroundings). The sunset? Absolutely gorgeous. And perfect, of course, I wasn’t able to capture it on my phone.
- Evening (Packing…Again?): The dreaded packing process. This time, I have to get it right. I think I'll take two pairs of shoes and ditch the rest. Oh wait! Did I remember to get the laundry done? I haven't even begun to scratch the surface.
Day 5: Departure & The Promise of More Chaos
- Morning (Goodbye, Estretto, My Love): Woke up feeling a mix of sadness and relief. Sad to be leaving this paradise, but also relieved to be done with the constant decisions and the suitcase monster's relentless demands. One last breakfast (mango sticky rice, naturally). One last look at the view.
- Departure: Headed to the airport. Checked my bags (with a little bit of a struggle, I'll admit it). The airport security staff, bless their patience, probably thought I was a complete basket case.
- Throughout the flight (Reflection and Reiteration): What did I learn? Pack lighter. Don't be afraid to embrace the mess. Trust your gut. Say yes to adventure, mango sticky rice, and ethical experiences that will remain with you always. And, most importantly, always, ALWAYS be open to crying in the face of something beautiful.
Chiang Rai, you were a riot. Estretto, you were magic. And me? I'm exhausted, sunburnt, slightly broke, and utterly, completely in love. Until next time, Thailand! (And someone please send help with my suitcase.)
Bibione Paradise: 5-Person Flat, 12 Pools & Kids' Fun!
Escape to Paradise: Your Chaotic Guide to Estretto Resort, Chiang Rai
Right, so you're thinking about Estretto Resort? Buckle up, buttercup. This isn't your perfectly curated Instagram post. This is *reality*. Ask away…
1. What *is* Estretto Resort, anyway? Sounds fancy.
Okay, picture this: lush, green hills of Chiang Rai, the air thick with the scent of… well, something wonderfully floral and vaguely unfamiliar. Estretto *tries* to be fancy. Think modern, minimalist villas nestled amidst a seriously gorgeous landscape. It's a bit of a hidden gem, which is both a blessing and a curse (more on that later...). They tout themselves as "eco-luxury," which... well, let's just say their definition of "eco" may differ from yours unless you are a stickler. Let's be honest, it's a beautiful place to escape the craziness .
2. Is it really "off the beaten track?" Like, REALLY off?
Yes. And no. Getting *to* Estretto is a mini adventure. You'll probably fly into Chiang Rai airport, and then it's a drive. The resort arranges transfers (thank god, because finding a taxi out there on your own would be a nightmare, I tell you!). The roads? Let's call them "character-building." There are some seriously windy parts. Once you're *at* the resort, you’re isolated. That's the appeal for some, a complete digital detox heaven. For others (cough, cough, me on the first day), it’s a slight existential crisis of, “Am I actually *trapped* in paradise?” It depends on your vibe. Which is part of the fun, right?
3. The Villas… are they as stunning as the photos?
Okay, here’s where I get a bit… real. Yes, the villas are *gorgeous*. Think floor-to-ceiling windows, a private plunge pool (small, be warned, but perfectly adequate for a cooling dip), and a seriously comfy bed. BUT. And there’s always a but, isn't there? My first villa, the lock was a little bit dodgy (a bit, like I could barely turn it). And the water pressure? Well, let's just say, showering felt a bit like a refreshing drizzle. It's luxury, yes, but with a charmingly rustic edge. You're in Thailand, not a sterile hotel room in Geneva. Embrace the imperfection. (Or, you know, complain to the staff, who are generally very helpful and, surprisingly, understand my terrible Thai.)
4. Let's talk food! Is it any good?
The restaurant at Estretto is… a mixed bag. Breakfast? Solid. The pancakes were fluffy, the fruit was fresh, and the coffee was (thankfully) strong enough to combat my jet lag. Lunch and dinner? Sometimes a bit predictable. But the setting! Dining outside, overlooking the rice paddies, especially at sunset, is breathtaking. And honestly? After a day of doing absolutely nothing, even a mediocre Pad Thai tastes amazing. Plus, the staff is incredibly friendly, and if you ask nicely, they might even try to whip up something off-menu for you. Word to the wise: venture out to the local town for dinner at least once. The food is spectacular and ridiculously cheap. The local flavors are worth the trip, trust me!.
5. What is there *to do* at Estretto? Because 'doing nothing' makes me nervous.
Okay, deep breaths. If you're a human who craves constant stimulation, this might be a challenge. There’s a spa where they offer massages, which are *divine*. There's the pool (the main one, not just your villa's plunge pool), which is a decent size and usually pretty quiet. You can rent a bike and cycle around the local area, which is really, really beautiful. Or, and this is what I mostly did, you can simply… *do nothing*. Read a book, stare at the rice paddies, listen to the birds. It’s a chance to recharge, to actually *unplug*. It's either bliss or utter boredom, depending on your personality. For me? It took about two days to surrender to it. Then, pure, unadulterated, "I need more of this" bliss.
6. The Staff. Are they friendly? Any issues with communication?
Absolutely. The staff at Estretto are genuinely wonderful. Seriously, they're some of the friendliest people I've ever met. They always greet you with a smile (lots of *sawasdee krap* and *sawasdee ka*). English isn't perfect, but they try *so* hard, and they're incredibly patient. And they will do anything to help. I ran out of something to smoke, and they were quick to try to find me some. They remembered my name within a day and my daily coffee order (double espresso, no milk). I accidentally locked myself out on the balcony once (don’t ask), and they sent someone to rescue me within minutes, laughing all the way. It was embarrassing, but they made me feel like it was okay. My advice? Learn a few basic Thai phrases. It goes a long way.
7. Let's get practical: How should I prepare for the bugs?
Oh, the bugs. Yep, they’re there. Welcome to the tropics, friends! Pack strong insect repellent. Really strong. Think DEET. And use it liberally, especially in the evening. My first evening on the balcony, I forgot. Lesson learned. I was *eaten alive*. And I mean *eaten*. Also, bring some kind of after-bite cream or spray. Because, trust me, you'll need it. Also, the rooms are pretty well-sealed, but little critters do sometimes find their way in. Don't freak out if you see a gecko – they eat the bugs! Embrace the nature. Sort of.
8. Is Estretto Resort worth the money?
That's the million-dollar question, isn't it? It's not budget travel, that's for sure. It's not the cheapest place to stay. You’re paying for the privacy, the location, and the experience. Is it *perfect*? No. Is itEscape To Inns


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Uncover the Hidden Gem of Chiang Rai's Estretto Resort"