
Faber Inn Bintulu: Your Dream Bintulu Getaway Awaits!
Faber Inn Bintulu: My Honest Take - Dream Getaway or Just a Nice Nap? (Bintulu Edition!)
Okay, buckle up, because I'm about to spill the (perfectly sanitized) tea on Faber Inn Bintulu. The tagline promises a "Dream Bintulu Getaway," which, let's be honest, is a bold statement. Bintulu isn't exactly known as the Maldives. But could Faber Inn pull off a surprise? Let's dive in, messy-style, and find out. Forget the polished brochure; this is the real deal, warts and all!
First Impressions (and the Struggle for Accessibility)
Right off the bat, let's address the elephant in the lobby: Accessibility. They say they have "Facilities for disabled guests," but I always side-eye these things until I see them with my own two eyes. And frankly, digging into this revealed some question marks. While an elevator is a huge plus, details about ramp access, accessible rooms, and the like are…vague. So, if accessibility is crucial for you, call ahead and get SPECIFIC answers. Don't rely on just a little tick-box. I'm a worrier, so I'd be triple-checking.
Getting There and Getting Online (The Essentials, People!)
Getting there is straightforward. The hotel offers Airport transfer, always a win. Also, whew, thank goodness for Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site]. Parking in a new city? Stressful. Free parking? Instant good mood boost. They also have Taxi service, just in case you don't want to drive. Nice and easy.
Now, the digital life! Internet access is everywhere! Hallelujah! They tout Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (And it better be!). Plus, Internet [LAN] - for the old-schoolers, I like it! Wi-Fi in public areas too. No excuses for being cut off from the world. They even have Wi-Fi for special events, which is good because… they have Meeting/banquet facilities, so you can actually do something there!
Rooms: My Mini-Sanctuary (Maybe?!)
Okay, let's talk about the rooms. I'm a sucker for a good room. They offer all the basics: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Coffee/tea maker, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Mini bar, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Towels, Wi-Fi [free], and Window that opens. Sounds standard, but hey, at least it's all there. They even have Blackout curtains, which, as someone who loves to SLEEP, I’m all about.
Now, for the details. They have Non-smoking rooms, a big plus for me. They also have Soundproof rooms, which is great if you happen to be next to a loud family or the elevator (or both!). They should be selling those as an upgrade: "Pay extra to avoid the screaming toddlers and lift's grinding!"
My Personal Bathroom Revelation
Okay, here's where things get interesting. They offer Separate shower/bathtub, a Bathtub, and Additional toilet. The devil, as they say, is in the details. But I'm wondering how comfortable the seating area is. Is the couch comfy? Are the pillows fluffy? I really want to be able to lounge. I also saw that they offered Complimentary tea. It's the little things. I'm a sucker for tea! And the fact they provide Slippers is a HUGE win for me.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Perpetual Hunger Games
Let's be real: Food is crucial. Faber Inn has options. They have Restaurants, with A la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, and Western cuisine in restaurant. Okay, impressive!
They also offer Breakfast [buffet] (score!), Buffet in restaurant, Asian breakfast, and Western breakfast. They have Coffee/tea in restaurant and a Coffee shop, perfect for refueling. They can even offer Alternative meal arrangement, which is great for picky eaters or people with dietary requirements. As a buffet afficianado, this is a definite plus. Especially since they have Desserts in restaurant!
And for a sneaky late-night snack or a cheeky cocktail? A Bar, Poolside bar, and Snack bar are all available. They even have Room service [24-hour], which is essential for those lazy travel days.
The Wellness Oasis: Are We Talking Spa Day Level Bliss?
Alright, now for the good stuff. Spa/Sauna! I am a total sucker for a good spa, and Faber Inn has got it. They offer a Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Sauna, Steamroom, and a Pool with view. Like seriously, this is starting to sound awesome. They've got a Fitness center and Gym/fitness. So you can either look or feel your best during your stay.
Cooling Off and Staying Active: Pool Mania!
And a Swimming pool and a Swimming pool [outdoor]. Again, awesome! If you're anything like me, you'll be spending half your time in the pool, especially since it's outdoor. Bintulu heat, you know?
Cleanliness and Safety: Is it Safe to Breathe?
This is a big one, people, especially these days. Faber Inn seems to be taking this seriously. They have Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, and Sterilizing equipment. And they allow Room sanitization opt-out available, which is great. These are all really good signs. They also have Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour]. All the important stuff.
Extra Perks and Conveniences: Beyond the Basics
They have Air conditioning in public area, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, On-site event hosting, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area, Smoke alarms. Very helpful.
For the Kids (and the Kid in You): Family Fun!
They appear to be Family/child friendly, with Babysitting service, Kids facilities, and Kids meal. This is huge for families.
The Real Deal: My Honest Take
Look, Faber Inn isn't going to magically transport you to a tropical paradise. It's in Bintulu, after all! But they're clearly trying. The amenities are solid, and the focus on cleanliness and safety is genuinely reassuring. The spa sounds divine. The restaurants offer a variety of options.
The Imperfection: My One Big Grumble
This is where it gets messy! Here is where I have my quibble. They have a lot of things but no real mention of Pets allowed. They also don't have a Couple's room or Proposal spot.
Final Verdict: Should You Book?
YES!
Now for the Sales Pitch That Works (with a little honesty mixed in):
Escape to Faber Inn Bintulu – Your Bintulu Adventure Starts Here!
Tired of the ordinary? Craving a getaway that's both relaxing and convenient? Faber Inn Bintulu offers the perfect blend of comfort, service, and accessibility to make your Bintulu experience unforgettable.
Here's what you get:
- Relax & Unwind: Dive into our stunning outdoor pool, melt away stress with a massage at our spa, or detox yourself at our sauna.
- Eat & Explore: From delicious Asian cuisine to Western favorites, our restaurants offer something for every palate. Enjoy a cocktail at our poolside bar before a night filled with fun.
- Stay Connected & Comfortable: With free Wi-Fi in all rooms, spacious accommodations, and modern amenities, you'll feel right at home.
- Safe & Sound: Rest easy knowing that your safety is our top priority. We have implemented stringent hygiene protocols, including daily disinfection, contactless check-in, and trained staff.
- Convenience at Your Fingertips: Enjoy our airport transfer, on-site parking, 24-hour room service, and more.
- Experience the Best of Bintulu: Ask our friendly staff.
Book your stay at Faber Inn Bintulu today!
Direct booking is best and get a 10% discount on all spa treatments.
Don't miss out on the dream Bintulu escape you deserve!
Uncover Tashkent's Hidden Gem: OLD TASHKENT Hotel & Spa Luxury Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your sanitised, perfectly-formatted travel itinerary. This is my attempt to survive (and maybe even enjoy) Faber Inn Bintulu. Buckle up, this could be bumpy.
Faber Inn Fiasco: A Bintulu Bonanza (or maybe just a Bun-ton of Problems)
Day 1: Arrival (and the Search for a Working WiFi Signal)
- 14:00 - Arrival at Bintulu Airport (BTU). Right, first impressions. The airport? Small. The air? Humid. My mood? Let's say cautiously optimistic, mostly because I'm fueled by a desperate craving for laksa.
- Anxiety Level: 6/10. Will my luggage actually arrive? It's a constant, low-level worry, isn't it?
- 14:30 - Taxi to Faber Inn. The taxi driver, bless his soul, clearly hasn't updated his GPS since the Cretaceous Period. We took the "scenic route," which involved a lot of "uh-huh's" and "I think it's around here." I'm pretty sure we saw a family of monkeys eyeing us with suspicion.
- Anecdote: The taxi driver kept trying to sell me durian. "Very good durian, miss! Make you strong!" I politely declined. I value my olfactory senses.
- 15:00 - Check-in at Faber Inn. The front desk clerk, bless her soul, seemed a bit bewildered by my existence. The room keys? They resembled something from a museum exhibit - clunky and requiring a master's degree in lock-picking to operate.
- Quirky Observation: The lobby smells vaguely of disinfectant and stale air conditioning. Charming.
- 15:30 - Room Reconnaissance. Okay, the room… Let's just say it has character. Think "functional, possibly designed in the 70s, and with a questionable stained carpet." But hey, the air con works. Small victories, people. Small victories.
- Emotional Reaction: Mildly panicked internal monologue (because the bathroom sink might have a leak)
- 16:00 - WiFi Quest. This is the real trial. The sign promised "Free WiFi." The reality? My phone's about as connected as I am to a winning lottery ticket. Wandering around the hallway like a lost spirit, desperately trying to find a signal. Finally, I found a sliver near the fire exit.
- Opinionated Comment: Free WiFi is a basic human right in the 21st century. Faber Inn, you're failing me!
- 17:00 - Laksa Hunting. Time to fulfill the craving. Google Maps directs me toward a supposed "Laksa Paradise" a mile away. I'm currently sweating through my shirt just thinking about the journey. Wish me luck.
- Messy Structure: Okay, so there's this… this street food spot, down some alley, that has the best laksa… but the reviews are a bit cryptic. Like, "Worth the risk, maybe." "Bring wet wipes." "Don't ask about the origins of the prawns." But… I went. More on that later. (I will never be the same)
- 19:00 - Dinner (hopefully laksa!). Assuming I survive Laksa Paradise. Otherwise, it's instant noodles in the room.
Day 2: Coastal Chaos and Durian Disasters (or the Day I Almost Became a Durian Connoisseur)
- 09:00 - Breakfast (assuming they have anything remotely edible). I'm bracing myself for the "continental breakfast" which probably means toast and questionable instant coffee.
- Rambling Thought: Why do hotel breakfasts always disappoint? Is it a universal law of physics?
- 10:00 - Tanjung Batu Beach Visit. Supposedly, it's a beautiful beach. My expectations are low. Beach = sand + water. I can handle that. Sunscreen is my weapon of choice.
- Imperfection Alert: Sunscreen application skills are questionable. I'm guaranteed to miss a spot.
- 12:00 - Lunch. Seafood! I feel adventurous. Maybe I ask the taxi driver if he knows a good place. The driver already knows the place to go.
- Stronger Emotional Reaction: Fish, I hope you taste good. I really need this.
- 14:00 - The Durian Incident. So, I was strolling around, and there was a market. And a durian. And the taxi driver reappeared, grinning like a Cheshire Cat. He convinced me. He just had to.
- Doubling Down:* I bought a durian. I ate a tiny sliver. The smell… oh, the smell. It's like a gym sock that's been left in a swamp for a week. The taste? Intense. It's a textural experience I can't really describe. It's… a spiritual journey, maybe?
- Emotional Reaction: My eyes watered. My face scrunched up. I have never been so conflicted. (Okay, good, and oh, the stink of the rotting old gym sock). But oddly… curious. The taxi driver was right, it did make me feel strong. The rest of the day I felt invincible… and also a little queasy.
- 16:00 - Retreat to the Room. I need to recover… from the durian, the smell, the experience.
- 19:00 - Dinner (still recovering). Something bland and unoffensive. Possibly a plain omelet.
Day 3: Farewell (and a Promise Never to Forget the Durian)
09:00 - Breakfast (at this point, I'm just eating to survive). Another toast, another day.
10:00 - Check-out (and my escape from Faber Inn). I'll leave them the key. I hope they like my perfume.
11:00 - Airport Departure. The airport, again. The humidity, again. The uncertainty, again. But this time, I am ready for the return home, slightly changed by my experience.
12:00 - Flight Home.
Opinionated Closing: Faber Inn, you were… an experience. Bintulu, you were… different. But the laksa, and the durian, well, they were something. Maybe I will be back someday.

Faber Inn Bintulu: You've Got Questions? I've (Probably) Got Answers! (Or at Least, My Opinions…)
Okay, First Things First… Is This Place Actually *Good*? (Because Google Reviews are a Minefield.)
Alright, look, let's be real. Bintulu isn't Paris. It's… well, it's Bintulu. And Faber Inn? It ain't the Ritz. But is it GOOD? Depends on what you're after. If you're looking for a clean, comfortable place to crash after a hard day of exploring the jungle or, you know, doing actual work (I was mostly exploring, let's be honest), then yeah, it's pretty darn good. It's *way* better than some of the… *ahem*… "budget-friendly" options I've seen around here. Think of it as solid, dependable… like a really reliable old Honda Civic. Gets the job done, no drama. (Much less drama than my last Bintulu hotel experience, which involved a leaky roof and a cockroach the size of my thumb. Shudder.)
The value? Spot on. You’re getting your money's worth. Don't expect gold-plated faucets, though. You *are* in Borneo, after all! Embrace the slightly-worn-around-the-edges charm.
What's the Room Like? (Because Pictures Can Be Deceiving Liars, Sometimes.)
The rooms are… functional. Let's go with functional. They're not designer-chic, but they *are* clean. And that, my friends, is GOLD in Bintulu! My room had a decent-sized bed (thank goodness, I needed the space to spread out my jungle-exploration gear!), a TV (which I never really used because, hello, Borneo!), and a bathroom that, while a bit… basic, was actually clean. The air conditioning? A godsend. Trust me, you'll need it. I'm pretty sure the humidity in Bintulu is legally a separate life-form. My one minor gripe? The Wi-Fi could be a little… temperamental. Think of it as a chance to unplug. (Which, let's be honest, is probably a good thing.)
And the best part? The view from my window wasn't spectacular (mostly other buildings), but it was quiet. That's a win in my book.
Food! Is the Breakfast Worth Dragging Myself Out of Bed For?
Okay, so the breakfast… it’s included, which is always a plus. It's not going to win any Michelin stars, but it's a perfectly acceptable way to start the day. Think continental with a Malaysian twist. There's usually toast, eggs (scrambled, omelets if you're lucky), some local dishes that are actually pretty tasty (try the nasi lemak!), and a selection of fruit. The coffee? Well, let's say it's strong. *Very* strong. I’m pretty sure it could fuel a small aircraft. (Might be an exaggeration, but you get the idea.)
The best part? The people! The staff were so friendly, always with a smile and a "Selamat pagi!" (Good morning!). They even put up with my attempts at speaking Malay, which were, let's just say, a work in progress.
Location, Location, Location! How's the Faber Inn Situated, Specifically?
This is where Faber Inn actually scores some points. The location is pretty darn good. It's centrally located, which means you've got easy access to… well, everything Bintulu has to offer, within reason. Which is to say, it's easy to get to the attractions. The major shopping center is within walking distance (or a short, cheap taxi ride if you're feeling lazy, like I often was). There are plenty of eateries, restaurants, and local food stalls nearby. Honestly, you're spoiled for choice when it comes to food, and the Faber Inn is right in the thick of things. It's a short drive to Similajau National Park, which I HIGHLY recommend visiting. If you’re an explorer at heart, you’ll love its relative access to the main attractions.
Anything I REALLY Need to Know Before I Book? Like, Secret Tips?
Okay, here's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (or at least, my truth):
- Bring mosquito repellent. Seriously. They're relentless. I got eaten alive my first night. Learn from my mistakes!
- Embrace the local food. Don't be a tourist snob! Try the laksa, the kampua mee, the… well, everything! Your taste buds will thank you. And your wallet will appreciate the prices.
- Pack light clothes. It's hot and humid. Trust me.
- Learn a few basic Malay phrases. Even a simple "terima kasih" (thank you) goes a long way. The locals will appreciate it, and it makes the whole experience more enjoyable.
- Don't expect flawless Wi-Fi all the time – think of it as a digital detox.
- Book in Advance: Always check the prices before your trip. You never know when it'll be fully booked.
And the biggest secret? Be open-minded. Bintulu isn't the most glamorous destination, but it has a certain… charm. It's authentic. It's real. And Faber Inn is a perfectly decent base camp for exploring it.
Okay, Real Talk: The Negatives? What Sucked?
Alright, let's rip the band-aid off. Nothing's perfect, right? Here's my honest take on what wasn't QUITE perfect:
- Traffic Noise: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the main road. Bintulu can be surprisingly noisy, especially during the peak hours. Those motorcycles are relentless!
- Limited Amenities: Don't expect a swimming pool or a fancy gym. Faber Inn is more about the essentials. If you're after luxury, you might want to explore other options.
- Wi-Fi Woes Redux: The intermittent Wi-Fi, as already covered, can be frustrating, especially if you rely on it for work or communication.
But honestly, even with those minor annoyances, it wasn't enough to ruin my stay. Remember, I'm not looking for perfection; I'm looking for comfort, convenience, and a good price. And in those areas, Faber Inn delivered.


Post a Comment for "Faber Inn Bintulu: Your Dream Bintulu Getaway Awaits!"