VERY Hotel Penang: Your Dream Malaysian Getaway Awaits!

VERY Hotel Penang Malaysia

VERY Hotel Penang Malaysia

VERY Hotel Penang: Your Dream Malaysian Getaway Awaits!

VERY Hotel Penang: My Honest-to-Goodness Malaysian Getaway (Brace Yourself, It's a Ride!)

Okay, so VERY Hotel Penang… the name alone promises something, right? "Very." And let me tell you, it… well, it is a hotel. A hotel in Malaysia. And after spending a week there, I've got a lot to unpack. Buckle up, because this ain't your sanitized travel blog post. This is the real deal.

First Impressions (and My Panic Attack About the Elevator):

Let's be honest, travel is stressful. Especially when you envision a glamorous escape that starts to look more like a logistical nightmare. Finding the hotel was easy enough. The exterior? Pretty standard, leaning towards "modern concrete box," but hey, I'm here for the inside, right?

Here’s where it got interesting. The lobby was clean, efficient, and a little… echoing. And the elevator? Gasp No, not a big deal. But… the tiny, cramped elevator? It reminded me of that claustrophobia test in school! I swear, I almost had to take a breather before hitting the button!

Accessibility: Does it Actually Work?

Alright, let's get serious for a second. One of my travel companions has some mobility issues. Accessibility is a huge deal. VERY Hotel claims to be wheelchair accessible, and for the most part, that’s true. Getting around the lobby, the elevator (once you're in the elevator, it's okay!), and the hallways was manageable. The problem was the swimming pool access… and also the main entrance from the street. Seriously: the ramp was a bit too steep. I'd give it an 7/10 on accessibility, a good effort but needs improvement. They do have a Facilities for disabled guests, which is good but the details aren't listed, so be sure to check with them.

The Room: My Cozy Sanctuary (and the Slightly Questionable Carpeting):

The room itself? Pretty decent. The air conditioning blasted like a hurricane, which was welcome in the Penang heat. The blackout curtains were a lifesaver for sleep-ins. The bed was comfy. The free Wi-Fi [free] worked reliably, so thank goodness for that. I mean, who can live without their Instagram fix, right? There was also the Air conditioning in public area, a must when traveling to Malaysia.

But the carpeting. Ugh. It looked clean, I’m sure it was, but it felt a little… dated. I’m picky, I know, but it just wasn't quite as fresh as I'd hoped. But hey, free bottled water and a coffee/tea maker? Sold! The bathroom was functional, and the daily housekeeping kept things tidy. There's also a Private bathroom so I can escape from the rest of the family and just chill.

Food, Glorious Food… And My Love-Hate Relationship with Breakfast:

This is where VERY Hotel really shines. Let me tell you, the food was divine.

  • Breakfast [buffet]: Okay, look, I usually hate buffets. But this one… this one was pretty darn good. The Asian breakfast options were amazing. Laksa? Check. Nasi Lemak? Double check. Even the Western breakfast choices were decent enough if you were feeling homesick (although, honestly, why would you be?). I took advantage of the Breakfast service with every single day.
  • The Restaurants: There are a few restaurants, including an Asian cuisine spot. I had some of the best noodles of my life there! I also enjoyed my cocktails from the bar.
  • Room Service [24-hour]: This was a lifesaver after those long days of exploring! Seriously, being able to get food delivered at any time? Perfection.
  • The Poolside Bar: This was my absolute favorite. Sipping a mango smoothie while watching the sunset? Yes, please!

Things to Do: Beyond the Beach and My Failed Spa Attempt:

Penang is amazing, but staying at the hotel is also quite pleasant. Let’s be real, a vacation is about, well, vacating.

  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: Beautiful pool, the picture online is real, which is a rareity for hotels! The Pool with view has a mesmerizing view. The sun deck is also comfortable.
  • Fitness Center: I, uh, may have thought about going. Okay, I walked past it. The gym/fitness stuff looked pretty standard.
  • The Spa/Sauna: Now, here's a confession. I tried to go to the spa. I booked a massage, I was so looking forward to it. But things went wrong. No fault of the hotel! Unfortunately, an unexpected phone call disrupted my relaxation plans. Let’s just say the steambath remains unexplored.

Cleanliness and Safety: The COVID Reality Check:

COVID, sigh… The hotel took it seriously, which I appreciated. Plenty of hand sanitizer was available. They followed the physical distancing of at least 1 meter. I didn’t see anyone ignore the rules. There’s a doctor/nurse on call, which, while I didn’t need, was reassuring. The Room sanitization opt-out available is a nice touch.

Services that Shined (And the Ones That Didn’t Quite):

  • Concierge: The staff were friendly and helpful. The concierge was knowledgeable about local attractions.
  • Daily housekeeping: Always a bonus.
  • Laundry service: They took care of my dirty clothes quickly and efficiently.
  • Cash withdrawal: Super convenient.
  • Elevator: As mentioned, a mixed bag.
  • Convenience store: A lifesaver for late-night snacks.
  • Airport transfer: Super convenient!
  • Car park [free of charge]: A definite plus!

The Quirks (Because Every Hotel Has Them):

  • The "modern art" in the lobby: Let's just say it was… interesting. I spent a good ten minutes trying to figure out what one of the installations was supposed to be.
  • The lack of power outlets near the bed.
  • The endless parade of families with children.
  • If the pets allowed, I would have brought my dog.

The Verdict: Would I Go Back?

Look, VERY Hotel Penang isn't perfect. It’s got its quirks. It has a couple of things that could be better. But it’s a good hotel. It's clean, the staff are friendly, the food is amazing, and it's in a great location. Considering the price, the location, and the overall experience, YES, I would go back. And I’d absolutely take the plunge in the pool again.

SEO-Optimized Call to Action: Book Your Penang Dream Getaway Today!

Tired of the same old vacation? Craving sun, delicious food, and a taste of Malaysian culture? VERY Hotel Penang is waiting for you! Experience the perfect blend of comfort, convenience, and authentic Malaysian hospitality. Enjoy delicious Asian cuisine at our restaurants and unwind with our massage services. Relax by our swimming pool and soak up the sun. Get ready for an unforgettable experience, with free Wi-Fi [free] in all rooms!

Here's what you'll love:

  • Luxurious rooms with air conditioning to escape the heat.
  • Convenient amenities like 24-hour room service and a fitness center.
  • A fantastic breakfast buffet to start your day.
  • Easy access to Penang's best attractions, and Airport transfer.
  • And so much more!

Book your stay at VERY Hotel Penang today and make your Malaysian dream a reality! [Insert Direct Booking Link Here] #VERYHotelPenang #PenangGetaway #MalaysiaTravel #HotelReview #TravelDeals #AsianCuisine #SwimmingPool #FamilyVacation #HotelInPenang #VacationGoals #BookNow!

Sochi Sea Views: Unbelievable Apartments Await You!

Book Now

VERY Hotel Penang Malaysia

VERY Hotel Penang Malaysia

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly polished travel itinerary. This is the REAL DEAL, my very messy, imperfect, and wonderfully chaotic plan for a trip to the VERY Hotel Penang in Malaysia. Prepare for opinions, rambles, and maybe even a few tears (of joy, hopefully… or maybe just from the spicy food). VERY Hotel Penang: A (Mostly) Unplanned Adventure

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Satay Crisis

  • 8:00 AM (ish): Wake up in a fog of pre-travel anxiety. Did I pack enough socks? Did I remember to cancel the damn yoga class? Nope. Of course not. I'm already late. Scramble for the airport, fueled by instant coffee and the crushing weight of my impending doom. (Just kidding… mostly).
  • 10:00 AM (ish): Arrive at airport. Check-in is a nightmare. Lady at the counter gives me the serious look of a seasoned traveler, I realize my passport is not in the right spot and it's probably going to all go downhill fast. Then, I realized I had a passport and was golden.
  • 11:00 AM (ish): Plane drama. Turbulence (yikes!). The small child in front of me kicking my seat (double yikes!). The person next to me won’t stop talking about their cats. The endless air hostess drama.
  • 4:00 PM (ish): Landing in Penang! Humidity hits me like a warm, sticky hug. Customs: Smooth sailing! The passport is ready and ready to be stamped.
  • 5:00 PM: Check into the VERY Hotel. This place is all about charm – a little worn around the edges, but hey, ain't we all? Room: surprisingly spacious. View: a delightful courtyard battling with the relentless Penang heat.
  • 6:00 PM: Street food mission begins! The Great Satay Crisis of ‘24: I'd heard tales of Penang's satay, skewers of grilled meat and a peanut sauce to weep for. I envisioned myself a seasoned satay aficionado. I located a promising looking stall and devoured it. The first bite: heavenly. The second bite: amazing. The third: FIRE. MY. MOUTH. I think I accidentally ordered the "extra chili" without realizing this was NOT a suggestion. Tears streamed down my face, not from joy, but from the intense, searing heat and I realized I had a problem. My tastebuds were on fire, I could barely breathe, and I was sure I was going to die. I found a very questionable ice cream shop and devoured a vat of sugar and ice cubes to soothe the pain. Lesson learned: ASK about the chili.
  • 8:00 PM: Stumble back to the hotel, defeated but ALIVE (thank you, ice cream). A quick shower, a dose of regret, and a promise to be more careful tomorrow.
  • 9:00 PM: Attempt to watch a movie on my tablet, fall asleep halfway through. Wake up at 3am with a pounding headache and more regret.

Day 2: Temples, Temples Everywhere (and a Potential Monsoon)

  • 9:00 AM (ish): Regret. More regret. The sun's already blazing. Coffee is the order of the day. Start exploring Georgetown.
  • 10:00 AM: Kek Lok Si Temple: This place is insane. Towering, colorful, and overwhelming in the best possible way. Hundreds of Buddhas, intricate carvings, a giant statue of Kuan Yin (the Goddess of Mercy). The sheer scale of it all is breathtaking. The air vibrates with a peaceful energy, which is promptly disrupted by the swarm of tourists (including me).
  • 11:30 AM: Back to street food, but with a vengeance! This time I’m armed with warnings. I find a fantastic noodle stall and load up on char kway teow. The vendor, a wise old woman with eyes that have seen the world, gives me a knowing glance and a very generous portion of chili. I approach with a lot more trepidation. It was a gamble because it was good, but not the fiery experience of yesterday.
  • 1:00 PM: Penang Hill: Take the funicular up the hill. The views are GORGEOUS. Breathe in the cool air (finally!). Try to ignore the hordes of selfie-stick wielding people.
  • 2:30 PM: Potential Monsoon Alert! The sky darkens ominously. We scramble into a coffee shop to wait it out.
  • 3:00 PM: The Monsoon! The rain falls in sheets and the world is transformed. The coffee is hot, and the atmosphere inside the shop is cozy.
  • 4:00 PM: The rain subsides. Walk around the streets in the wet air enjoying the sounds of rain and the people.
  • 5:00 PM: Street Art Hunt: Find the famous murals. They are cool, but also very crowded. Take photos that feel slightly unoriginal.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner: Trying out Nasi Kandar, a Penang specialty. A buffet-style feast of curries and meats and rice. My plate is piled high. Delicious.
  • 7:30 PM: Head back to the hotel. The city is alive and bustling.
  • 8:30 PM: Night Cap at a rooftop bar in Georgetown. Drinks. The view is good. I’ve definitely done more today than I was expecting.
  • 9:30 PM: Unintentional people watching and more contemplation and introspection.

Day 3: Culture, Chaos, and a Farewell Feast

  • 9:00 AM: Explore the old town of Georgetown, visit the Peranakan Mansion. The architecture, the history, the sheer opulence…it's quite amazing.
  • 11:00 AM: Visit a spice garden. So many smells! So many things I don’t know the name of.
  • 1:00 PM: Head back to a street food place.
  • 2:00 PM: Shop for souvenirs. Bargain hard or just give up (I give up).
  • 3:00 PM: Relax by the hotel pool. Try to absorb some sun and serenity before the inevitable chaos of departure.
  • 5:00 PM: Last meal. The best meal. A proper farewell feast at a restaurant which I stumble upon by accident, and it's perfect. Every dish is an explosion of flavor. The seafood is fresh, and it's the perfect send-off for my taste buds!
  • 7:00 PM: Hotel check out.
  • 8:00 PM: Arrive at airport.
  • 9:00 PM: Depart, feeling content, exhausted, and already dreaming of coming back.

Notes:

  • This is a loose plan. Adaptability is key!
  • Get lost. It’s the best way to discover hidden gems.
  • Embrace the mess. That's where the real stories are.
  • Hydrate. Seriously, it's hot and humid.
  • Say yes to everything (within reason).
  • Don't worry if you don't get it all done. You’ll be back!

And most importantly, have fun! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to… plan my next adventure!

Escape to Paradise: Rosselba Le Palme's Unbeatable Elba Island Camping!

Book Now

VERY Hotel Penang Malaysia

VERY Hotel Penang Malaysia

VERY Hotel Penang: Your Dream Malaysian Getaway...Maybe? (Let's Be Real)

Okay, So is VERY Hotel *actually* "Very" good?

Honestly? It depends. Don't believe everything you read, especially those glowing reviews. VERY Hotel definitely has *potential*. It's like that cute guy at the bar who looks promising but probably has a questionable past. I'd say...it's a solid "good." Not mind-blowing, but not a total disaster either.

My first impression? The lobby's *stunning*. (Insert a ridiculously dramatic eye-roll here). Seriously, Instagrammable. My inner influencer was *thrilled*. However, getting there was a saga. Traffic in Penang can be, shall we say, a *vibe*. And the taxi driver, bless his heart, seemed to believe the hotel was located on a completely different continent. (He wasn't entirely wrong, considering the navigation.)

What's the room situation like? Is it a total shoebox?

Okay, now *this* is where things get interesting. I booked a "Deluxe" room. Which, let's be honest, I was picturing a luxurious oasis. Turns out, "Deluxe" is relative. It wasn't *tiny*, thankfully. I could, you know, actually *walk* without tripping over my suitcase. Small victories, people!

The bed? Pretty comfy. I slept like a log after a day spent fighting off the humidity. The bathroom... well, it had a shower. And the water *mostly* stayed in the shower. (Minor flooding on day 2. A small price to pay for a vacation, right? *Right?*). The view? Mmm, overlooking the back alley. A whole lot of bins and the occasional stray cat. Less "breathtaking," more "realistic." But, hey, at least it wasn't facing a construction site!

Pro-tip: Bring earplugs. Even if you think you're a deep sleeper. That Penang traffic *never* sleeps, and my upstairs neighbour seemed to be practicing tap dancing at 3 AM. (I swear, I could hear the rhythmic thud of tiny feet. The mystery remains.)

Tell me about the food! Is it all just... overpriced hotel food?

This is a BIG one, and the answer is... mixed. The hotel breakfast buffet? Okay, here's the thing, the nasi lemak was *delicious*. Seriously, the best I had on the whole trip. And the fresh fruit? To die for. Tropical paradise in my mouth, every single morning.

But, um...the coffee? Let's just say it wasn't the highlight. Needed three cups to feel human. And the pastries... well, let's be charitable and call them "rustic". I once grabbed a croissant that could've doubled as a weapon. Still, you could always pop down to the street for some amazing local food. Which, let's be honest, is what you *should* be doing anyway!

The hotel restaurant for dinner? Stayed away. Didn't want to tempt fate (or my wallet). Penang's a foodie paradise! Go explore!

What about the location? Is it close to the good stuff?

Here's the deal: the location is... convenient. But also a little bit out of the way, depending on what "good stuff" *you* crave. It's not *right* in the heart of Georgetown (which, trust me, you *want*), so you'll probably be relying on taxis or Grab. And, sometimes, those taxis... well, see above.

But, the beach is close! And... and... *sigh*. Okay, look, the BEST food is not walking distance. You'll need a ride to get to the really good stuff, and your feet will probably be aching after a day of exploring. Still, it's not a terrible location. Just be prepared to factor in travel time.

I ended up spending a *fortune* on Grab rides. Lesson learned: research the location *very* carefully before booking. Hindsight is 20/20, as they say.

What about the staff? Are they friendly?

The staff? Generally, quite lovely! They were polite, helpful...and a little bit, um, *inexperienced*, at times. I asked for extra towels one day, which apparently required a full-blown investigation of the hotel's towel inventory. Took about an hour, and when they finally arrived, there was only one! Still, they were trying! And they always greeted me with a smile, even when I was grumpy from jet lag and a lack of coffee.

One particular staff member, bless her heart, went above and beyond. I somehow managed to lose my phone charger (don't ask). She spent literally half an hour, on her own time (i.e. *not* being paid), running around trying to find a replacement for me. Ended up borrowing one from someone. Legend. Made the whole trip worth it. Pure, unadulterated kindness. So, yeah, the staff? Mostly great. Just go in knowing it's not a super slick, super polished operation. And be patient.

Okay, so, the pool. What's the vibe?

The pool? Ah, the pool. This is where things got *interesting*. The pictures online were *gorgeous*. Shimmering blue water, sun loungers galore... *that's* what they want you to think. In *reality*...it was a bit of a mixed bag.

The water *was* blue. I'll give them that. But it was cold. And frequently crowded. And the "sun loungers galore"? Well, some of them were in pretty dodgy shape. And if you didn't get down there at sunrise, forget it. The loungers were "claimed" with towels by early morning, and people wouldn't even show up for hours.

I did manage to snag a lounger one day, a triumph of sheer persistence! And honestly? It was glorious. The sun, the water, the (slightly worn) cushion...brief moments of pure bliss. Just wish the staff would have more supervision to clear out those who only reserve the loungers!

Would you go back to VERY Hotel?

Hmm... that's the million-dollar question, isn't it? After all that, would I go back? Probably. It's not perfect, not by a long shot.Hotel Bliss Search

VERY Hotel Penang Malaysia

VERY Hotel Penang Malaysia

VERY Hotel Penang Malaysia

VERY Hotel Penang Malaysia

Post a Comment for "VERY Hotel Penang: Your Dream Malaysian Getaway Awaits!"